Best piece of advice....?

H
Hawk
fourgotten said:
Few things in this world are as useful as a good stick. Find one each time that you go out, especially if you're going to be wading.

Be flexible and innovative. Always be ready to change your way of thinking.

Be friendly to your fellow fishermen, they may know something that you don't and, more importantly, they might be willing to share.

Learn three knots inside out. Tie them daily (and never forget to wet a knot before you snug it up). It doesn't matter which three, as long as you can tie them in your sleep and they can do the following: tie on a hook, connect two lines together, create a dropper loop. You don't need to be a knot god, but make those three knots work for you.

Respect yourself and your environment. Don't leave crap lying around.

I've brought a few of my favorite walking sticks home. Cut down a few to make walking canes outta them. Protected them from the elements with exterior Deft.

:)

M
metalfisher76
Mend it.

F
fishnquest
eggs said:
I'm only in for like $2000 for the 1 hatchery I have brought home.. about par for Safeway prices per pound :D

Wow, I thought I was the only one.

F
fishnquest
fourgotten said:
Few things in this world are as useful as a good stick. Find one each time that you go out, especially if you're going to be wading.

Be flexible and innovative. Always be ready to change your way of thinking.

Be friendly to your fellow fishermen, they may know something that you don't and, more importantly, they might be willing to share.

Learn three knots inside out. Tie them daily (and never forget to wet a knot before you snug it up). It doesn't matter which three, as long as you can tie them in your sleep and they can do the following: tie on a hook, connect two lines together, create a dropper loop. You don't need to be a knot god, but make those three knots work for you.

Respect yourself and your environment. Don't leave crap lying around.

This post just seems dead on. I just wish I could write so ellioquintly.
I was gonna add "If what you are doing isn't working, do something (as in 1 thing at a time) different", but thats already there.

D
dtikey
Use this when fishing coastal rivers for winters.When the water is high fish high and when the water is low fish low.

G
GDBrown
dtikey said:
Use this when fishing coastal rivers for winters.When the water is high fish high and when the water is low fish low.

STAY DRY when the water is HIGH!

Wading is bad for your health when the water is high!

GD

R
rippin fish lips
look for "fishy" water, deep pools, tailouts, in rapids towards the bottom if ur on the bank, rocky/bolder shelfs that lead into a deep pool and at the bottom will be gravel, and that gravel will work its way up and form a gravel bar on one side of the pool. look for deep spots where salmon/steelhead can only go, thats where u will find them, but on the bottom. like in the tailout section of rapids look for the deepest spot and try to look for where that deep spot runs and fish that whole spot on the bottom. (DON'T GET STUCK FISHING THE SAME SET UP!)