Bend steelhead

C
COUNTRYBOY83
Hey guys... My wife and I caught our first steelhead on the Siletz River last week and we just planned a last minute overnight trip out to Bend tomorrow with our kids. First time in Bend. Any winters out there right now and where is the hot bites and what to use? Here's a pic of our Catch. If anyone recognizes me, thanks for your help and patience. And Bruce... Thanks for helping my wife on her first one.

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
O
OnTheFly
Nice fish and a couple of good fishing buddies you got there. No steelhead in Bend but a lot of good trout fishing can be done at East lake and Big Lava lake.

C
COUNTRYBOY83
OnTheFly said:
Nice fish and a couple of good fishing buddies you got there. No steelhead in Bend but a lot of good trout fishing can be done at East lake and Big Lava lake.
Thanks! I actually have 6 more
of them but those were the only ones who would get up early enough for the bite!

J
JeannaJigs
East lake is amazing. As is the deschutes flowing around the bend area, lots of nice browns. I second big lava as well, I love that place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

C
COUNTRYBOY83
JeannaJigs said:
East lake is amazing. As is the deschutes flowing around the bend area, lots of nice browns. I second big lava as well, I love that place.

The area that flows through the park in Bend for those Browns? What they biting on? I always used meal worms in the streams back home.

J
JeannaJigs
The entire river in the bend area has good fishing, not just in bend. Lots of opportunity along the cascade lakes highway. Any sort of nymph really will do, I haven't fished it enough to have things dialed but have done okay with hares ears, beadheaded princes and one day it was a chartreuse copper john. I know people use spinners and Rapalas with success also.

S
sapo
Ya definitely try the Deschutes in Bend, if you have a fly rod. You can spin fish it but it just isn't the same
Ya lava lake is good

H
Hookset
Nice fish.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Go to Craine Praire where the rainbows are as big as steelhead!