Back to pedaling...

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
woo hoo, I have been wearing my "Family Fishing Guide" hat since Labor Day and running our powerboat but with all the visits done, I am heading for Siltcoos today in the "Fish Retriever" (my Hobie) with my dog along for the outing...I do hope to tag a coho (even better a jack first, then the bigger one :D ) but don't mind if it takes all day..:thumb:

M
mikeredding
Sweet. I look forward to another great report.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
mikeredding said:
Sweet. I look forward to another great report.

I hope you get into some good Chrome this weekend, I haven't heard anything about the near ocean catch but the hot area just up from Florence has been the stretch just below the RR bridge...

bass
bass
Good luck Roger! While I fish out of a kayak I think that if I had a PB and a kayak that the kayak would gather cobwebs.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
wow, another beautiful day here on the central coast. very few boats out and the coho are spread out very thin at Siltcoos, 6.5hours on the water and I only saw 1 big roll and 2 jacks jump...I did not see any coho caught but a few were being cleaned back at the marina.

I started casting by FishMill's for an hour, then headed across to the FiddleCreek arm and went way up Fiddle Creek also...bald eagle was circling up there, 20 Canadian Geese looking for beer and back bacon, and a bunch of loons being, well loons, I came back along Booth Island, no fish along there, worked the area south of the inlet another 90minutes and then had one light strike while trolling a spinner that it didn't hook but it did get Pepper's attention...

my GPS had me pedaling 10.8 miles....just need some rain to bring in the next big surge of fish...cheers, roger

Last edited by a moderator:
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
bass said:
Good luck Roger! While I fish out of a kayak I think that if I had a PB and a kayak that the kayak would gather cobwebs.

Bass-

I was thinking about this and decided the PB is like going for a drive through the forest/wilderness with some friends; the kayak is like going for a hike or bike ride with perhaps just a dog along...it is quiet and I feel more connected to the surroundings plus many hours of low impact exercise...and fishing as a bonus...I am finding it nice to have both boating/fishing options...cheers, roger

new idea: health club with exercise bikes around a swimming pool full of pellet heads, you pedal the bikes and toss spinners...:lol:

bass
bass
rogerdodger said:
Bass-

I was thinking about this and decided the PB is like going for a drive through the forest/wilderness with some friends; the kayak is like going for a hike or bike ride with perhaps just a dog along...it is quiet and I feel more connected to the surroundings plus many hours of low impact exercise...and fishing as a bonus...I am finding it nice to have both boating/fishing options...cheers, roger

new idea: health club with exercise bikes around a swimming pool full of pellet heads, you pedal the bikes and toss spinners...:lol:

Definitely a good bit of truth to being much more "one with nature" while in the kayak. Still, when I am sitting on anchor sturgeon fishing in the winter and it is 35 degrees and raining a nice covered PB sure starts to sound nice.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
bass said:
Still, when I am sitting on anchor sturgeon fishing in the winter and it is 35 degrees and raining a nice covered PB sure starts to sound nice.

I will probably need to update my feelings after doing some winter steelhead fishing from my kayak in Jan-Feb....let's see, how many layers can I get under my dry suit...3? 4?

cheers, roger