Anything about spinners

F
Fishtopher
Ive never had a problem with usin Rooster's and catchin' trout or Bass especially....just usin' Rooster's and getting them to work right! I know a few guys on here just put it to the Steelhead with Rooster Tails! And of course, there are many non believers too. Its just a fun way to fish for me. And a heck of a lot cheaper if I make them myself! Now I just need someone like:think:...:cool:FishFinger to dress 50 treble hooks for me....:mad:mwuhahahaha:mad:....;):lol:;)

F
Fishtopher
For those looking into spinner twistin', I would highly recommend gettin' with Bill at BC! :shock:That feller is packin waaay more info than I originally thought! A friggin fish genius! Anyways, the class was terriffic, we twisted up three spinners, and got to take home a new set of twistin' pliers. Guys gonna have a hard time keepin' me outta his store now!:lol:

Last edited:
M
mikeredding
The second and third look like fish killers, especially kokes but the first just looks like a generic Blue Fox. Is that what you shooting for? Just curious.

F
Fishtopher
I think it's more along the lines of; Blue Fox is a generic of a Rattler Bell. Everything about it is better. The paint, the hook, the wire, the blade, the body and the sound/vibration that it emits. And the fact that I made it, not some foriegner 50k miles away that doesn't even know what a Steelhead or Salmon look like, makes it even better:cool:;)...:lol:

M
mikeredding
:lol::lol::lol: OK, OK. Don't get me wrong. I was just wondering if that was what you shooting for. I used to make my own spinners years ago but there wasn't any science applied to them at all!:lol: I just threw something together and tried to catch fish with it. Some did, some did not. I will have to admit, I was in disbelief when I read about these guys "tuning" them. That's hardcore!:clap:

A
ArcticAmoeba
Bill has the science portion of spinner manufacturing down. The Rattler Bells out fish B.F. at an average of 9 to 1. Many people have been involved with the comparison tests, and many guides have dumped whole boxes of 100-150 Foxes overboard, because Bills junk pretty much dominated everybody fishing.

FatalFlash looks nice Chris, one of my all time favorite patterns for Chinook on the Big River, half brass, red dot.

Remember most of what he told you about construction. There is a rhyme, and a reason for everything, and if built improperly, the fishability drastically shoots down. They still get fish, just not near as many as a properly built, and tuned thumper. You want to appeal to every slime rocket in that river!

F
Fishtopher
LOL...I just re-read that, and it appears I may have been a little excited when I wrote it!:lol: But I thought about where I could have changed the words around, but nothing I could come up with sounded right. I guess I may be a little passionate about my hobbies:lol:...Sorry if I sound nuts!:D

F
FishFinger
Fishtopher said:
Ive never had a problem with usin Rooster's and catchin' trout or Bass especially....just usin' Rooster's and getting them to work right! I know a few guys on here just put it to the Steelhead with Rooster Tails! And of course, there are many non believers too. Its just a fun way to fish for me. And a heck of a lot cheaper if I make them myself! Now I just need someone like:think:...:cool:FishFinger to dress 50 treble hooks for me....:mad:mwuhahahaha:mad:....;):lol:;)

Perhaps we should have a twistin' / tying night sometime soon. I'd be glad to whip up a mess of dressed hook for you.

B
BobberDown
i dont know much about spiners i do know that rub at R&B lures can tll you all about them and he make some of the best around i am told and the look sweet and hold up good luck Dan

B
bigdog
Very true Rob does know a good deal and so does Bill at BC. I'm still having problems with the wieght to blade ratial.

F
FishFinger
Weight load to drive casting spinner blades

Weight load to drive casting spinner blades

Blade -- Ounce --- Grains
#2 -- .12 to .17 / 52.5 to 74.4
#3 -- .22 to .27 / 96.3 to 118.1
#4 -- .32 to .37 / 140.0 to 161.8
#5 -- .42 to .47 / 183.8 to 205.6
#6 -- .62 to .67 / 271.2 to 293.1

B
bigdog
See I think you posted that for me once before I need to write that down and not loose it this time. Thanks Dan

F
Fishtopher
Baits n Spinners

Baits n Spinners

Just wondering if anyone baits their spinners. I personally dont, but I am just a spinner apprentice. Now spin n glo's I will bait, and they spin, but thats as close as I get I think. I remember as a small fry, I would put a crawler on my rooster tail, but I dont think I ever hooked up like that.

Anyone??

D
Dichrofisher
Not sure if I should admit it but not only have I baited my spinner but I have even baited a fly on occassion.:shock::naughty:

F
Fishtopher
Dichrofisher said:
Not sure if I should admit it but not only have I baited my spinner but I have even baited a fly on occassion.:shock::naughty:
:lol::lol::clap:

A
ArcticAmoeba
Bill still has the hollow body bells. They are made to either put a piece of Coon tail in, or a yarnie with oil/scent, but I like just tossin in a fresh chunkit of Coon Dog, or Prawn. I have even put some sloppy eggos in them before and caught fish. Sometimes when a couple special sections of water get just turned over, I like to throw the baited body units. I just have so much confidence in my spinner abilities in these two spots that I can't not do both terminal and bait simultaniously

B
buddah426
bigdog said:
:lol:Yeah it could be, could be something like What has been hooked besides a fish:lol:

how about my dads cheek when i was 7... here's me when he got done clipping it off and removing it :pray: and yes it went all the way through his cheek. :lol::lol::lol: he was a pr!ck anyways :lol::lol::lol:

K
Kodiak
Prawns

Prawns

Fishtopher said:
Just wondering if anyone baits their spinners. I personally dont, but I am just a spinner apprentice. Now spin n glo's I will bait, and they spin, but thats as close as I get I think. I remember as a small fry, I would put a crawler on my rooster tail, but I dont think I ever hooked up like that.

Anyone??

I will tip a spinner with a prawn tail or small piece of herring for fall fish when the bite slows down..works best on a single siwash.

T
Troutier Bassier
I make spinners sometimes by buying Wire, (those little rings that attach to the hook), Beads and small treble hooks, And clevises. Put it all together and Valla! you have a spinner.

But I was on the columbia one time in.... July august and the water was really low at the mouth oh the sand and on the logs that were there were Salmon spinners that people must've snagged off:dance::dance::dance:. Me and dad took some and we found some spinners WE lost.:dance::dance: Amazing day.:clap::clap:

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
I make spinners sometimes by buying Wire, (those little rings that attach to the hook), Beads and small treble hooks, And clevises. Put it all together and Valla! you have a spinner.

Err... not quite yet... you forgot a blade. Theres a lot to be learned about building spinners. ;)