Anyone want to help my kid catch his first steelie ?

S
Satchel
got a 12 year old that has been in love with fishing since he was 10 months old. he keeps track of all the different species he's caught and he's caught many different types. however, i don't know what the heck i'm doing when it comes to steelhead and i'm hoping we can tag along with one of you bank anglers sometime soon. we live in portland metro area and are happy to meet anywhere. i will be happy to provide bait, beverages and brown bag lunch. we have gear. anyhow, it's a big dream of his to catch a steelie and i've taken him on guided trips on the sandy 3 different times and we got skunked each time. i kinda want to observe a good bank angler first hand, but mainly i just want him to land one. thanks.

O
OnTheDrop
I guide on the Coast, and have plenty of dates open if you don't get any biters on assistance from a bank angler.

Does he want to tie into one on a fly rod, or conventional gear?

Good luck on your quest!

S
Satchel
SteelmonKiller20 said:
I guide on the Coast, and have plenty of dates open if you don't get any biters on assistance from a bank angler.

Does he want to tie into one on a fly rod, or conventional gear?

Good luck on your quest!

thank you! he loves to fly fish and is good at it so that would be the preference, but whatever provides the best chance to land one.

O
OnTheDrop
Does he indicator fish? I generally run spinning rods ( bobber fish, etc ) but could accommodate to fly. Shoot me a message sometime if you want.

Cheers,

H
halibuthitman
Pm sent-