Anyone fish AltonBaker today???

F
Fisher.King
A fish ladder at the culvert near the amphitheater would be nice, the whole stream from there all the way past the pond at Autzen up to the I-5 bridge is all beautiful water that looks nothing like the canal itself. I'm thankful they stock it up in that area, keeping fish from the canal gives me the runs :lol:

T
TTFishon
At least AB is a couple of steps above JC. :lol:

U
UGLYSTICKER
i need to expand my exploration of the ABC it is definatly more interesting than the JCP:)

N
Nocturnus
UGLYSTICKER said:
yep i know that now. i just thought it peculiar that not all hatchery trout have their adiposes clipped.

Uh, believe it or not there are "native" rainbows in the Willamette... Not to say they don't forget to clip a fish here and there, just saying that I have caught fish there and on the McKenzie that weren't put there by ODFW.

-N

B
bran_man
Nocturnus said:
Uh, believe it or not there are "native" rainbows in the Willamette... Not to say they don't forget to clip a fish here and there, just saying that I have caught fish there and on the McKenzie that weren't put there by ODFW.

-N
Absolutely! There are natives throughout the entire river, but pretty much the entire stretch of the lower mckenzie is native population (besides some straggler pelletheads that might somehow make there way down there ) they don't stock it that far away from the hatchery. This is why most of the stretch of the MAC is fly/lures only in order for native conservation