Fun day at ABCC today.

plumbertom
plumbertom
Active member
As per usual of late, I was at the canal today catching planters at a steady pace.
There was a fellow there with his two grandsons, probably 4 and 5 years old.
They weren't catching any fish and he came and asked for my help.
Well, there's little I like more than see kids catch fish and when it's their first time, all the more fun.
So I had them come over by me and would cast and hook a fish and hand them my rod to reel in the fish.
We did that for about an hour and I believe they managed about 4 fish each. They probably lost another 3-4 each as well, but little-uns have a hard time keeping the line tight even on planters.
Nevertheless, a fun time was had by all.
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: FisherPete, C_Run, SparkyofSoCal and 1 other person
Well done buddy! And I agree. Helping little ones catch fish is a blast!

I used to teach the fishing merit badge, to our Church's Royal Rangers (similar to Boy Scouts). One year we took them up to the big dock, at Detroit's Hoover Campground. There were some 26 boys total, and some 6 or 7 adults. The first one to hook a fish, was the youngest at age 3. He was also the first to limit out. I calculated around 125 caught trout that morning; and everyone had a blast!
 

Similar threads

bass
Replies
2
Views
650
bass
bass
bass
Replies
1
Views
889
troutdude
troutdude
bass
  • Featured
Replies
0
Views
867
bass
bass
bass
Replies
5
Views
1K
Billbob911
B
bass
Replies
0
Views
782
bass
bass
Back
Top Bottom