Any crappie spots?

K
Komatoast
Anyone fishing for Crappie? any suggestions where to get good sized ones?
two buddies and I fished Topsy out in the last 4 weeks with 1100 fish. We need a new spot.
Thanks for any suggestions!!

troutdude
troutdude
Where is Topsy?

20 fish a day, per person, for 4 straight weeks? Is that a typo; or do you fish all day, everyday?

D
DrTheopolis
The little crappie fishing I've done, when you get into them, you really get into them -- about as fast as you can reel them in.

J
jarhead2
Komatoast said:
Anyone fishing for Crappie? any suggestions where to get good sized ones?
two buddies and I fished Topsy out in the last 4 weeks with 1100 fish. We need a new spot.
Thanks for any suggestions!!

As I mentioned in the other thread, a little more driving will get you to Expo Ponds in Central Point. Fall of 2013, my son and I took out 10 crappie over 1.5# with one 16 inches and 2.5#. Never been skunked at Agate Lake, eeither. Ohter crappie waters include Freeway Lakes (Oak Creek) near MP 228 on the 5. Oh, nearly forgot Medco ponds are just a bit further than Willow Lake but bass, bluegill, crappie along with other species available there.

Luck.

Pat

K
Komatoast
Thank you again Pat, kudo's to your Son, I have yet to get a 9 incher, I will let my buddies know about your help and see if they want to go hit those spots.

John