Alsea River fishing reports

F
fishinchuck
Gonna hit it this morning, wish me luck :p I'll try to take some pics for ya

R
rainbowfisherman
So its supposed to rain/snow this weekend..Will the steelhead fishing be any good low river on sunday? OR middle next week?

Thanks
-Rainbowfisherman

I
Ideceivefish
Just get as close to the mouth as you can and you will find them. They are moving in when the tide rises.

B
BlackBass
Thats a tuff question to realy answer :) I would get out and go fishing if i was you. I know a lot of guys like to know if there gonna be fishing the "right" time . However you can not expect to base your fishing success on a report from another person. Get out on the water and enjoy your day, the catching will happen sooner then later :) good luck

R
rainbowfisherman
Thanks! Im trying to find a day where its not too cold or rainy

L
lilsalmon
Fishinchuck....did you get to the Alsea....if so, how was it....I swear I am going after the Drift Off.......

R
rainbowfisherman
Any chance at some winter steelhead on thw alsea tomorrow???

T
Teo
rainbowfisherman said:
Any chance at some winter steelhead on thw alsea tomorrow???

I was on the Alsea Thursday below 5 rivers, and it was pretty frozen. But not all together. Saw steelhead at rock crusher hole, so fish are there. No one caught anything though, except frost bite. Yesterday Hwy 34 was closed due to freezing rain. So, there are fish there, and by now the Hwy. is open, but I can't help but think that there is still some ice hanging around the edges. I don't know where you plan to fish, but as long as the flow close to the bank you are fishing from is moving at a moderate rate then I think it's ok.

S
steelhead1
north fork today

north fork today

The water was perfect,and the weather was fine,if only the fish were more cooperative.My buddy landed a nice bright coho at Stouts,other than that,all we saw today were hoards of fancy clad fisher-peaple.Gonna try lower next time:D

M
Mike123
Yup... seen more coho hooked than steelhead, well I didn't see any steelhead caught actually. Talked to one guy after I left the hatchery area, he said an argument broke out at the "meat hole".. guess a few fish were caught there but that was all I heard of or seen.
My new gear was working out nice though. :)
I think me a J. Jigs are floating it Sunday, hopefully with a good report.

S
steelhead1
what run you gonna do?

M
Mike123
steelhead1 said:
what run you gonna do?

Not sure yet... I only seen one trailer on the river today.
I think the river should be perfect color by sunday.. the mainstem.
Which one would be good?

N
nwkiller
siuslaw

siuslaw

any one get to the slaw today?

B
beaverfan
nwkiller said:
any one get to the slaw today?

This thread is for the Alsea river. Type Siuslaw in the search function and it will bring up any recent reports.

N
nwkiller
sorry

B
beaverfan
no problem man, you'll probably get a quicker response and probably more responses there.

S
steelhead1
Mill creek to camp bell is a good and easy drift if the water is high enough.

J
JeannaJigs
Sunday...the fish will cooperate, and tags will be marked. I had a fortune cookie that basically said so. Okay well maybe it just said "Happy news is on the way"... Perhaps it was speaking of all the fish that will throw themselves at my boat, because, really, what news is better than that?

Fortune cookies never lie, after all.

Seriously though, I am quite stoked to fish this river Sunday. Fishing new water rocks.

M
Mike123
JeannaJigs said:
Sunday...the fish will cooperate, and tags will be marked. I had a fortune cookie that basically said so. Okay well maybe it just said "Happy news is on the way"... Perhaps it was speaking of all the fish that will throw themselves at my boat, because, really, what news is better than that?

Fortune cookies never lie, after all.

Seriously though, I am quite stoked to fish this river Sunday. Fishing new water rocks.

Haha! I hope the cookie doesn't lie!!!

I swear I saw Steelhead Stalker Chad on the river too... :think:

R
RIVERFISHER
Think alsea will be fishable or to muddy on Sunday ????