Alsea River fishing reports

S
steelhead1
How many fish you landed this year?hmm, thats what I thought.did you just admit to snagging?
 
M
Mike123
steelhead1 said:
How many fish you landed this year?hmm, thats what I thought.did you just admit to snagging?

Hahahaha I don't snag.. But when your drift fishing obviously you get a fish or two that get lined.. fact of drift fishing. I don't do it intentionally but anyone that has fished enough knows that.. also sometimes you'll accidently fowl hook one.
I've been to the Alsea 3 times this year for salmon. I dont go bragging and posting pics of fish I get cause I dont like crowds. :D:clap:

Hey man not trying to offend you by saying something bad about drift fishing, cause Im not. Let's take 'er down a notch. :)
 
Last edited:
S
steelhead1
Mike123 said:
Hahahaha I don't snag.. But when your drift fishing obviously you get a fish or two that get lined.. fact of drift fishing. I don't do it intentionally but anyone that has fished enough knows that.. also sometimes you'll accidently fowl hook one.
I've been to the Alsea 3 times this year for salmon. I dont go bragging and posting pics of fish I get cause I dont like crowds. :D:clap:

Hey man not trying to offend you by saying something bad about drift fishing, cause Im not. Let's take 'er down a notch. :)

I am not trying to be a bragger,I f thats what you are implying.I like to think its encouraging to peaple that are wanting to fish the alsea, to see that there are plenty of fish to be had.I apologize if that is how I come off,I dont have a problem not posting pics and updates,I fish for reasons that run much deeper than bragging rites.I f a fish is hooked in the inside of the mouth,it is technically fair hooked,how the hook got there is usually not seen by the fisherman(do you mean flossing? intentionally trying to snag in the mouth?)Sorry for getting aggro,you just rubbed me the wrong way:D
 
C
Chrome_Chaser
Yeee Haw! Everyone is happy now.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
 
M
Mike123
steelhead1 said:
I am not trying to be a bragger,I f thats what you are implying.I like to think its encouraging to peaple that are wanting to fish the alsea, to see that there are plenty of fish to be had.I apologize if that is how I come off,I dont have a problem not posting pics and updates,I fish for reasons that run much deeper than bragging rites.I f a fish is hooked in the inside of the mouth,it is technically fair hooked,how the hook got there is usually not seen by the fisherman(do you mean flossing? intentionally trying to snag in the mouth?)Sorry for getting aggro,you just rubbed me the wrong way:D

I wasn't refering to you as bragging.. That is cool that you give info..
But you were implying I dont catch very many fish.. just cause I dont post doesn't mean that. ;)

Yes flossing is lining.. same thing.. Salmon are easily lined whether people know they are doing it or not. Line goes through the mouth and hook slides back into mouth.. sometimes inside the mouth sometimes outside. I'm not calling anyone a snagger or flosser. So don't be offended. :)
 
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Inhale...exhale....

Inhale...exhale....

I like the whole "let's take er down a notch" statement. Oh,and don't forget to take a deep breath...:D
 
S
steelhead1
Alsea is still running hot!seven coho And a nook yesterday,ten coho today!
 
S
steelhead1
my wife got her first salmon,and my buddy got his first fish of the year today on the alsea!ten coho c&r:D
 
S
steelhead1
:confused:
 
Last edited:
C
Combat Chuck
steelhead1 said:
my wife got her first salmon,and my buddy got his first fish of the year today on the alsea!ten coho c&r:D
Was that your jeep that had the "COHO C&R" tally written in the dust in Albany today? I wish I had a tally like that!
 
S
steelhead1
Combat Chuck said:
Was that your jeep that had the "COHO C&R" tally written in the dust in Albany today? I wish I had a tally like that!

that was me!One day tally!
 
B
bigfootfish
Ruffeled feathers!

Ruffeled feathers!

My is it fun to see some of you bicker, *****, moan & groan. Lining or flossing? That's common pratice lots of places. Waterloo Park, Wiley Creek mouth, etc. Some people are so hot to hook they don't mind doing certain things. Lining or flossing.....might as well use a Dupont Lure.:lol::dance::clap:

BFF
 
B
beaverfan
IMO linning is the equivalent playing one on one basketball with a 10 year old and bragging when you win. It doesn't take much skill to beat a 10 year old and it doesn't take much skill to get your line stuck in a fishes mouth either.
 
M
Mike123
Damn that fish got the fist of fury! :shock:
 
S
steelhead1
fist of fury?Fish dont have hands dude.
 
N
nointrntrprts
yikes...

yikes...

on the hand in the gill plate!! that fish wont stand much of a chance after a couple fingers raked over the gills....

c&r is all good, as long as the fish is handled with care.. good on you for landing some pretty badass fish. please though, handle with care and they stand a chance to spawn.
 
J
jeremymiller
no fish left in the alsea or what all day yesterday and nothin . river is blown out :mad:
 
S
steelhead1
My wife is just learning,it was her first fish and it was struggling when the pic was taken.Jeez,I know you guys are all perfect,but give her a break!
 
B
bigfootfish
The first time I caught a steelie that I had unknowingly flossed I pulled it up on the bank and noticed the hook was almost inside the mouth. Almost! I thought at the time the fish had bad eyesight, what with it having missed my hook.:lol:
It was a rush letting it go though! I didn't realize then that an angler could hook 'em that way. I fished Fall Creek(Alsea) over 20 years ago when it was open in September for coho, and there were so many coho in the water that they were swimming between my legs. You could just throw a single hook in with a little yarn on it and wham! Over and over again. Ahhh. Good times then.

BFF
 
N
nointrntrprts
easy dude...

easy dude...

not rippin' on anyone, just passing on some info. that wasn't the only pic i saw that was hands in gills, and try not to take these posts so personal.
 

Similar threads

The Guides Forecast
2 3
Replies
47
Views
10K
The Guides Forecast
The Guides Forecast
The Guides Forecast
2 3
Replies
52
Views
13K
The Guides Forecast
The Guides Forecast
R
Replies
11
Views
2K
gfisher2003
G
bass
Replies
7
Views
1K
Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
F
Replies
12
Views
938
Fly Inspired
F
Top Bottom