Alsea River fishing reports

S
steelheadstalker31
It should be fine, as long as it doesn't come up to fast.

S
steelhead_stalkers
I was messing around in the chocolate on Thursday. :D

J
joni
i am curious how the fishing was today on the north fork

S
Steelyfishn
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

S
Steelyfishn
I fished the N. Fork today. I was there pre light got my favorite spot that I have had good fortune with when the water was cold and low. Today conditions were prime. Good water levels nice green color and not a bite. ? About 30 fish in the trap and I saw 4 on the bank 2 from 2 flyfishermen. Went down as far as rock crusher hole water looks good. Seen a fair amount of boats too but didn't stop to talk to them. Good luck to everyone fishing there tomorrow should be a good day seeing how no rain fell today from 5 am til 3 pm while I was there and no real signs of a lot of rain to come.

M
Mike123
Steelyfishn said:
I fished the N. Fork today. I was there pre light got my favorite spot that I have had good fortune with when the water was cold and low. Today conditions were prime. Good water levels nice green color and not a bite. ? About 30 fish in the trap and I saw 4 on the bank 2 from 2 flyfishermen. Went down as far as rock crusher hole water looks good. Seen a fair amount of boats too but didn't stop to talk to them. Good luck to everyone fishing there tomorrow should be a good day seeing how no rain fell today from 5 am til 3 pm while I was there and no real signs of a lot of rain to come.

Thanks for the report. I don't think it's gonna be hot fishing 'till January.. The NF seemed empty yesterday. Hopefully the Mainstem has a few more fish. We shall see. The river's suppose to start rising again tonight with all of tomorrow's rain forecasted.

J
juggernaut506
My buddy and I went out there today and caught two coho early. Other then that we only saw two hatchery and one native steelhead landed.

S
Steelyfishn
Yeah its slow fishin still but what a beautiful day. Glad I was able to just be out on the water with no ice or rain lol...

S
Steelyfishn
Jugger where did u catch those coho up near the ladder or down stream more?

J
juggernaut506
They were closer to the town of Alsea. Both took pink #5 Blue Foxes.

S
steelheadstalker31
Was it pretty crowded today?

M
Mike123
steelheadstalker31 said:
Was it pretty crowded today?

When isn't it crowded? :lol:

I usually get to my hole at 4am and sit in the dark for 3 hours...
That place is insane.

J
juggernaut506
My buddies and I used to spend the night in the parking lot and even leave our gear on the river to mark us a spot. That didn't even guarantee us a spot sometimes.

S
Steelyfishn
Quick way to check water levels for Alsea and Siletz

Quick way to check water levels for Alsea and Siletz

A lot of you may already know this but for those who don't oregonh2o.com has the current water levels that pop up first for the Alsea and Siletz. It also has forcasted levels and last years fish counts for Alsea.

R
rainbowfisherman
Might hit it tuesday or wednesday. Im thinnking the water will be lower and more clear by then.

J
JeannaJigs
The water was the PERFECT color today.

S
Steelyfishn
I thought it would be. Any rain ? So where did you float from and to ? How was your day ?

J
JeannaJigs
Steelyfishn said:
I thought it would be. Any rain ? So where did you float from and to ? How was your day ?

Didn't rain until the afternoon, and then it didn't rain...it poured. Non stop. I couldn't say where we floated from or to...I can't remember the names...I'm terrible with that...never been up there until today so i'm not familiar with the area at all. Mike123 caught a giant nate and posted a pic of it in another post.

S
Steelyfishn
Good job you 2. I really want to run that river with my boat however I have a classic woody. Is it a pretty text book run or some what technical ?

S
Steelyfishn
JJig let me know where he posted that fish would like to check it out. Thanks