Alsea River fishing reports

J
JeannaJigs
Steelyfishn said:
Good job you 2. I really want to run that river with my boat however I have a classic woody. Is it a pretty text book run or some what technical ?

Let me put it this way...I bought a fiberglass driftboat a month ago. Prior to today, I had only ran the Umpqua, Lower McKenzie, upper Willamette, Lake Creek, and Siuslaw with someone with lots of experience rowing a boat. That's all of the rowing experience I have. Period. So today I was on my own so to speak, and I did not die or maim my boat in anyway lol. It's a very easy drift. If I can do it...trust me, it would be cake for you.

L
lilsalmon
JeannaJigs said:
Let me put it this way...I bought a fiberglass driftboat a month ago. Prior to today, I had only ran the Umpqua, Lower McKenzie, upper Willamette, Lake Creek, and Siuslaw with someone with lots of experience rowing a boat. That's all of the rowing experience I have. Period. So today I was on my own so to speak, and I did not die or maim my boat in anyway lol. It's a very easy drift. If I can do it...trust me, it would be cake for you.

Good job.....that must have been an awesome ride.....just save a Steelie for me...hehe

R
RIVERFISHER
Think the watter is brown again from it coming up.

R
rainbowfisherman
I hope not. I wanted to go really soon

R
RIVERFISHER
lilsalmon said:
Good job.....that must have been an awesome ride.....just save a Steelie for me...hehe

rainbowfisherman said:
I hope not. I wanted to go really soon
ya I want to go tommarrow. Went Sunday me and friend and hooked into 5 myself landed a native and buddy got to bring one home....

R
rainbowfisherman
They river levels say it should be aboput the same tomorrow as it was on monday before the rain

S
steelhead1
Water is good to go.perfect color.will be just right flow by tommorow.

R
rainbowfisherman
Perfect!:D:D:dance::dance:

R
rainbowfisherman
Fished it yesterday...seemed a little high but had good color. Some guys did well at the plunking shack but nothing for me. I started at around milepost 18 and worked my way up river. The last spot i fished at was mill creek park.

-Thanks
Rainbowfisherman

C
Chedster
River was good today, used a new jig I just tied up and it worked very well. Hooked both within 20 minutes of each other. My camera battery died so I had to take a crappy phone pic. I think this new year may be a good one!:D Hope everyone has a good Christmas!

M
Mike123
Chedster said:
River was good today, used a new jig I just tied up and it worked very well. Hooked both within 20 minutes of each other. My camera battery died so I had to take a crappy phone pic. I think this new year may be a good one!:D Hope everyone has a good Christmas!

NF or mainstem?

We fished the NF yesterday and my brother's fish was the only one I seen caught.. pretty slow!

Last edited by a moderator:
E
ezdoesit
Chedster said:

Nice catch! That bottom fish almost looks like a clipped coho:think:

S
steelhead_stalkers
Chedster said:

That jig looks likes something I have seen before! Good job out there guys. :clap: :dance:

R
rainbowfisherman
well atleast someone got some fish

M
Mike123
ezdoesit said:
Nice catch! That bottom fish almost looks like a clipped coho:think:

That fish is maxillary clipped,(I think that's what they call that clip) which means it's a descendant of a wild Alsea steelhead.. a broodstock fish. Am I right here? Anyone? :think:

They kinda look retarded without that little maxillary plate! hahaha

Last edited:
C
Chedster
Mike123 said:
That fish is maxillary clipped,(I think that's what they call that clip) which means it's a descendant of a wild Alsea steelhead.. a broodstock fish. Am I right here? Anyone? :think:

They kinda look retarded without that little maxillary plate! hahaha

Ya I believe your right, if the maxillary is clipped then it's a descendant of the wild Alsea stock. This was the the first jig I used bunny fur on and it sure does look real fishy in the water.

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish guys!

J
JeannaJigs
Chedster said:
Ya I believe your right, if the maxillary is clipped then it's a descended of the wild Alsea stock. This was the the first jig I used bunny fur on and it sure does look real fishy in the water.

Rabbit fur is killer. I've been using it almost exclusively lately because it's quick and easy to tie up and has an insane action in the water.

Nice fish.

I'm takin' my bro up there Saturday, it's his last day of leave. He hasn't been steelhead fishin' in a year or more so hopefully I can get him into something. Don't even care if I get skunked if he gets something. Thanks for the promising-ish report.

T
Thuggin4Life
Mike123 said:
NF or mainstem?

We fished the NF yesterday and my brother's fish was the only one I seen caught.. pretty slow!

Did I see a report from you? I can't believe my eyes.

J
JeannaJigs
Thuggin4Life said:
Did I see a report from you? I can't believe my eyes.
Christmas miracles do happen.

Or maybe, pre-Christmas miracles.