@ Alsea (12/10/2011)

F
flipper
Gonna be heading back to the Alsea tomorrow morning. No luck was found last weekend. Still exclusively fishing with spoons, until I get the hang of it. Bobber/Jig will be my next technique I would like to discover.

Anyways, I have an extra seat in my car if anyone would like to join. I'm around Junction City and can pick-up if needed.

Tight lines this weekend everyone, wherever you may be headed!

K
Kevinb5688
Dang, i will be going sunday. I am duck hunting tomorow.
Post how you do and i will do the same

F
flipper
Will do! Nice to see another JC OFF member :)

K
Keith
Too far south for me to start from Portland.

If I was already at the beach I'd join you for sure.

Good luck, Flillper.

S
steelhead_stalkers
I would say spoons probably are not your best bet with the water level where it is. Its good to stick with one technique but you might get frustrated. Also, spoon fishing is a pretty advanced technique that a lot choose to master after getting the hang of other techniques. Bobber and jig/bait/yarn is a good technique for lower water conditions. There are a lot of coho around so spinners will work for them but the water is so low that spoons will not get a very good drift in almost all areas. It would be a good time to play around with bobber and jig though.

K
Kevinb5688
I guess i am going tomorow, duck hunting got cancled, maby i will see you there? I will be fishing the alsea bridge area and maby try the xmas tree farm hole.

brandon4455
brandon4455
split shot or small piece of lead and a size 8 glo bug with a red dot. white,peach or pink.. smaller presentation in lower water, salmon spawning everywhere.. win win situation for you. good luck looking forward to your report.

F
flipper
Kevinb5688 said:
I guess i am going tomorow, duck hunting got cancled, maby i will see you there? I will be fishing the alsea bridge area and maby try the xmas tree farm hole.

I'll keep an eye out for you, I usually run around with a black hoodie on and a FLIP beanie on.

F
flipper
flipper said:
I'll keep an eye out for you, I usually run around with a black hoodie on and a FLIP beanie on.

Edit: Not sure where the Xmas tree farm is, but I'll keep an eye for it.

K
Kevinb5688
I probably wont hit the xmas tree farm. If i do it will be later in the day. I will be at the bridge in the am.
My buddie is going with me. I drive a 06 blue 4 door chevy colorado. There were a ton of salmon in there last week. I saw a few steelhead and had one on using a small pink spin n glo. Couldnt keep the salmon off with a #3 blue fox.

K
Kevinb5688
Well, i just got back from fishing and here is my report::
Water is very,very low and clear(as i figured it would be).
I tried my top 3 low water holes and i didn't see a steelhead one in them.
I did however, see hundreds of salmon.
At the end of the day i caught 6 salmon, biggest around 25lbs, and lost 4 salmon. I never pulled the fish out of the water and released them unharmed. I caught 2 on size 2 home made gold spinners, and the rest drifting a small corkie and red yarn. It was a fun day but no one i talked to had seen a steelhead either. A little rain and a couple weeks for the salmon to move out and it should pick up.