All kinds of good luck on the Clack this morning.

C
ChezJfrey
First, I snag up and when I tug it free, still got my gear, but now also a fish attached. Bank it and also find a bunch of gear -- some pencil lead, 3 corkies/hooks and a spoon. Turns out, the spoon is mine from who knows when...but it was unmistakable with the sharpie color on a Cleo and the same P-Line snap swivels I use. The fish was a sucker, still alive, but flesh all torn from one of the corkie rigs snagging it in the belly. But I got a spoon back! :)

A little while later, slack lining a spoon and I get a steelhead taker:
2014-06-29_06-23-31_505.jpg

B
bagold53
Nice. HOpe to get into one of those soon. Got my first real head shake and when I went to set the hook, I give a tug and the fish jumps out of the water spitting the hook.

O
OnTheDrop
She's been gooooood lately. Love when that stuff happens!

C
ChezJfrey
bagold53 said:
Nice. HOpe to get into one of those soon. Got my first real head shake and when I went to set the hook, I give a tug and the fish jumps out of the water spitting the hook.

Yep, same thing happened to me the first steelhead that bit. Way too tentative, thinking a hang-up or something and a steelhead erupts from the water and flings my hook aside.

Until you know better, pull the trigger with authority when you're in doubt. Eventually, you'll better discern the difference and don't have to yank as often...and even then, I have moments of uncertainty and you better believe in those instances, I SET THE HOOK! :)

C
ChezJfrey
SteelmonKiller20 said:
She's been gooooood lately. Love when that stuff happens!

I need to stop littering the rivers...this is not the first time I've retrieved my own gear at a much later date. Maybe just stop fishing so much...and in the same spots? LOL

O
OnTheDrop
ChezJfrey said:
I need to stop littering the rivers...this is not the first time I've retrieved my own gear at a much later date. Maybe just stop fishing so much...and in the same spots? LOL

You should snorkel it in August... It's insane what gear you can find.

You should hop on the boat sometime and I'll get you into some of those other fish that pull hard, and have deep head shakes!

Hardware grabs are saweeeeet, but you gotta want to catch a fish over 8lbs...atleast sometimes.. Lol!

Reactions: eugene1
T
troutmasta
Nice Job Sir!

I went 0 for 1 last night at Mciver. No tackle.

B
BamaDan
ChezJfrey said:

I left a Cleo out there the other day. Let me know when you find it. I also left a bunch of fish out there undisturbed. Let me know when you find them too. :D

C
ChezJfrey
BamaDan said:
I left a Cleo out there the other day. Let me know when you find it. I also left a bunch of fish out there undisturbed. Let me know when you find them too. :D

Oh I'll be sure to let you know when I find those fish you left out there...hehehehehe.

S
skunk
Nice chez, by the way I wonder why I always loose interest in the clack after march? I really should fish it year round.

C
ChezJfrey
skunk said:
Nice chez, by the way I wonder why I always loose interest in the clack after march? I really should fish it year round.

Interesting...I start getting all kinds of steelhead love June through September.

Oh, and 3 more topless spotted today ;)

T
troutmasta
skunk said:

cray, its got a solid summer run...maybe the best run of the river. Plus its super nice out.

S
skunk
troutmasta said:
cray, its got a solid summer run...maybe the best run of the river. Plus its super nice out.

I know, but I get busy chasing springers, and just get plain busy as the hvac world heats up. I'm going to start hitting it for the next month, until the D gets going. Maybe I'll find a few.