Adair Pond

P
Pharcyde
I was wondering if anyone has been there recently. I read somewhere that it was in bad shape.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
I've fished it and only caught some bluegill but I have friends who say they catch catfish there at night time. No matter what there are fish in the pond but if your looking for a big fish or big fight I'd go somewhere else

H
HRxPaperStacks
I've lived in Albany my whole life and never heard of this place. Where is it??

F
fishtales
I haev not been there for a while. Fun place to fish. I think it is on a side raod off of 99W.

H
HRxPaperStacks
ohhh E.E. Wilson out by the dump?? I've only ever caught trout there but it looks really bassy!

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Adair pond and EE Wilson are two totally different ponds. Adair pond is located right next to the ODFW office on highway 99 and it only holds warm water species and catfish whereas EE Wilson has trout

H
HRxPaperStacks
forgive me but I'm having a heck of a time trying to find this. I pulled up Albany on google maps and I only see HWY 99E. can you please post a screen shot of this on google maps? :) I'm dying to go catfishing with my gf!

R
Rain
I'll tell you what. Adair pond is right next to the store in adair village. (northeast Benton county by the way) The pond is was drained and had the drainage system rebuilt about 3 years ago and it has mostly hundrdeds of small bluegills and a few large mouth bass and channel cats. Its hard to catch anthing other than bluegills during the day right now because the water is so dirty due to kids/teens and dogs swimming in the water. best fishing here is in late spring before it gets hot (swimmers and dogs come). the water clarity is about 1 foot for the last couple monsts and will be until it cools down. If you are lucky or skilled, you may catch a small largemouth bass or red eared sunfish. Channel cats do exists but i've never seen oine couagt (heard stories) the stories i heard were night time fishing. the area is owned by the state DOFW and open from 4am-10pm. i'd say 90% of the biomass in that pond is small blugills (not counting the weeds). Good luck.

bass
bass
I have not been there in 15 years or so, but when I used to fish it you parked at the ODFW building and walked in from there. Decent amount of bass and bluegill back then.

E
espencer757
With what is described, I think this is E.E. Wilson pond, and you must park and walk about 1/2 mile. Oh, and you have to get a parking permit. It is not next to a store, but there is a pond further south on hwy 99 that is a bit closer to a store. However, to the best of my knowledge, it is not stocked and is posted private property. As far as E.E., since they emptied it and cleaned it, fishing has been much nicer.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

W
Willerman
plumbertom said:
Would this be Adair pond?
https://www.google.com/maps/@44.6664888,-123.2201348,683m/data=!3m1!1e3!5m1!1e4
Can you drive next to it or must you park and walk to the water?
This is Adair pond (not sure if it is "officially" named that?) - warmwater fishery only. I talked to ODFW a month or so ago and they told me that when EE Wilson pond (which is about a mile farther north on 99) was drained, they took a lot of the bass out of there and dropped them in Adair pond. EE Wilson pond is the one that requires a parking permit and a hike, as mentioned above. It is stocked with trout regularly and has a warmwater population as well. I believe they stocked it this week, actually.

Adair pond you can park at the ODFW office and it is a short walk, with a trail around the water.