AB will be stocked this thursday

T
TroutSlayer
Hey TT long time next time you go out should hit me up I live right up the road from there. Or we could go hit the mckenzie before they open up the season nice beauts out there. But soon to be filled with pellet heads and lead heads = )

N
natro
troutdude said:
Sometimes it's not too crowded. I was all alone that day at the radio tower pond...except for joggers and walkers and co-eds...hee hee.

I wonder what the trick is, to catching them in that big pond? They were definitely in there and teasing me that day; by rolling and jumping.

Hey Natro and NWKiller (and other local peeps)...you guys got any secret tips that you're wiling to share???

I was just using a Bud's Spinner. They're real cheap at Bi-mart.

E
everett464
Hey y'all, new to the conversation, but I found this thread, and wanted to SHARE a little of my experience. I have had relatively good luck dead drifting nymphs about 18" under an indicator between the footbridge, east of I-5, and I-5.

So, if you're like me, and want to get some fish on a fly set up, head up the canal.

So far, I am the only one I have seen that far east, and I'm willing to let some die hards in on the experience. I have literally caught a fish in every single holding area on that side of the freeway, but you have to walk through the river, so dead drift down river, and mend line out. Give the creek about 20-30 minutes to refresh and then hit it again.

The only time I have had trouble is when it was bright, bright.

Good luck guys!

troutdude
troutdude
Howdy Everett, welcome to OFF!

Thanks for adding to this thread, and sharing your experiences at ABC.

Happy trails and tight lines.

H
Hooked on fishin'
everett464 said:
Hey y'all, new to the conversation, but I found this thread, and wanted to SHARE a little of my experience. I have had relatively good luck dead drifting nymphs about 18" under an indicator between the footbridge, east of I-5, and I-5.

So, if you're like me, and want to get some fish on a fly set up, head up the canal.

So far, I am the only one I have seen that far east, and I'm willing to let some die hards in on the experience. I have literally caught a fish in every single holding area on that side of the freeway, but you have to walk through the river, so dead drift down river, and mend line out. Give the creek about 20-30 minutes to refresh and then hit it again.

The only time I have had trouble is when it was bright, bright.

Good luck guys!

Thanks! I need to get me some waders, I have been meaning to check that area out!

N
natro
AB is getting stocked today, heading out there in a few minutes.

troutdude
troutdude
Looking forward to your report!

N
natro
I got there around 11am, and stayed til around 6pm. Lost probably 5 or 6, and finally limited out at the end of the day. Most people were doing really well catching em. People seemed to do really well on Thomas lures, and power eggs and power bait. Caught all mine on spoons, but lost a few on the power eggs. Great day to go fishing...actually got a bit sun burnt.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Got 14 or 15 between 5:00 and 6:30. It was pretty windy so no floats this time but my little favorite trout bait worked great off the bottom along with pink worms. Surprise surprise. :lol: Some were kind of fat but coming of steelhead season they looked like minnows. ;)

troutdude
troutdude
Sounds like ya both had a good day. Way to go!