Aaron Mercer Reservoir...to boat or not to boat?

No_Bad_Skunks
No_Bad_Skunks
Greetings, all.

Well, the day is fast approaching when the gate to Aaron Mercer Reservoir, will be opening up again ( Nov. 1 ) and that raises the eternal question. Will boats ( without motors ) be allowed on that lake this year, or no boats at all? And who can I call for the definite answer?

Note: Aaron Mercer Reservoir is just outside of Dallas Oregon, and has wild cutts available, pound for pound some of the hardest fighting fish I've ever tangled with
 
  • Like
Reactions: chris61182
brandon4455
brandon4455
i think boats without motors will be allowed as usual. it's mthe water supply for dallas so i doubt they will let gas motors or even trolling motors in
 
troutdude
troutdude
Yep, that's correct. No motors of any kind. So, a boat must be rowed only. Toons would be easier to row (or kick). Of course, tubes are okay too.

If you want any more details, call Dalton Rock Co.

WORD: All fisherpeeps (and hunterpeeps) will be REQUIRED by law enforcement, to wait at the first gate until 1 hour before sunrise. It IS patrolled by game officers, and they will turn you around if you attempt to go in too early.

And you'll want to get back through the gate BEFORE an hour before sunset--or you might have to stay overnight. The gate will be closed. And any kind of cell phone service is sketchy at best.

BTW, if memory serves me, no one is allowed in on Sundays (but you should check that with Dalton, and not take my word on that).
 
L
lilsalmon
troutdude said:
WORD: All fisherpeeps (and hunterpeeps) will be REQUIRED by law enforcement, to wait at the first gate until 1 hour before sunrise. It IS patrolled by game officers, and they will turn you around if you attempt to go in too early.

And you'll want to get back through the gate BEFORE an hour before sunset--or you might have to stay overnight. The gate will be closed. And any kind of cell phone service is sketchy at best.

BTW, if memory serves me, no one is allowed in on Sundays (but you should check that with Dalton, and not take my word on that).

Dang....thats a lot of rules...Do we have to put all our gear and stuff in baggies? Can we bring liquids? Oh, we would just be fishin not gettin on an airplane...sorry, my mind wandered OFF for a bit...hehe
 
brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
Dang....thats a lot of rules...Do we have to put all our gear and stuff in baggies? Can we bring liquids? Oh, we would just be fishin not gettin on an airplane...sorry, my mind wandered OFF for a bit...hehe

:lol:
 
No_Bad_Skunks
No_Bad_Skunks
lilsalmon said:
Dang....thats a lot of rules...Do we have to put all our gear and stuff in baggies? Can we bring liquids?
No...and yes, but you may not pass, 'Go' and you may not collect $200.00 :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tribal16
L
lilsalmon
No_Bad_Skunks said:
No...and yes, but you may not pass, 'Go' and you may not collect $200.00 :D

awwwww
 
troutdude
troutdude
Rose, I only counted 3 rules:

Don't arrive too early

Don't stay too late

No motors on boats

Other than that, it's pretty simple and "business as usual".
 
troutdude
troutdude
BTW, there is NOT a lot of good bank access (unless you're a skilled jungle gym acrobat like Brandon...LOL). So, some sort of floatation device is a really good idea.
 
L
lilsalmon
troutdude said:
Rose, I only counted 3 rules:

Don't arrive too early

Don't stay too late

No motors on boats

Other than that, it's pretty simple and "business as usual".

Sorry....just adding a little humor....I will try not to do that anymore.
 
troutdude
troutdude
Whoops my bad. Sorry that I didn't pick up on your humor. My post auto wreck happy pills, are making my brain kinda fuzzy. ;-)
 
brandon4455
brandon4455
i can't wait to c&r some of those big cutts.
 
R
redhawk50
Any word on access being open and toons etc being allowed. Also is there decent parking and a place to launch the toon, thinking of going up next Friday.
 
brandon4455
brandon4455
redhawk50 said:
Any word on access being open and toons etc being allowed. Also is there decent parking and a place to launch the toon, thinking of going up next Friday.

you have to get there fairly early for a chance at any decent parking, there are small pull off areas by the boat ramp launching may be a wee bit tricky but not too hard boats and inflatables have always been allowed without motors so it hink its will be fine
 
brandon4455
brandon4455
going up for a few hour tomorrow just to see how the fishing is. maybe hook into some ncie fish while we are up there
 
troutdude
troutdude
Hey, is the gate open on Sunday's?
 
brandon4455
brandon4455
oh man..iforgot what you said, it isn't open sundays...that sucks DARN!!
 
L
lilsalmon
brandon4455 said:
going up for a few hour tomorrow just to see how the fishing is. maybe hook into some ncie fish while we are up there

What? No invite? I am hurt......:D

oh never mind...you posted the same time I did...hehe
 
brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
What? No invite? I am hurt......:D

oh never mind...you posted the same time I did...hehe

:lol: well, were only going to go for like 2 hours would have been a waste of gas for ya! save your gas for the 19th :)
 
troutdude
troutdude
Hey guys...I'm not totally sure that it's closed on Sunday's or not. So, IDK.
 

Similar threads

brandon4455
Replies
40
Views
6K
brandon4455
brandon4455
Fishnbuck
Replies
9
Views
8K
troutdude
troutdude
brandon4455
Replies
15
Views
4K
DrTheopolis
D
F
Replies
9
Views
2K
troutdude
troutdude
brandon4455
Replies
13
Views
2K
troutdude
troutdude
Top Bottom