A few fish video.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
B
bigfootfish
Here's three interesting videos taken yesterday up the North Santiam. They speak for themselves.......

BFF

[YOUTUBE]m1z6HMnH4qc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ihxEbZLsR8U[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]bbZ-fXq9cVA[/YOUTUBE]

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice videos! Wish it would have looked like that the day I was there I would have never left. Too bad you couldn't here them its always funny listening to 2 people trying to net a fish.

M
Metz84
Thats awesome!:shock: My bro and I will be going their in the morning for sure. :cool:

W
wormosa
great video's

R
rippin fish lips
nice video! i reall want to fish hat spot!

D
Drew9870
Metz84 said:
Thats awesome!:shock: My bro and I will be going their in the morning for sure. :cool:

Lol, hopefully I can convince a buddy of mine, the guy you saw meet up with me the other day.

Last edited:
S
SantiamDrifter
FYI you can't drive your car down there. You have to park it at the gate and walk in from there.

18406ej
18406ej
Looks like a future traffic jam waiting to happen! Also a good incline upon which to kill myself. Thank you for the videos!

B
bigfootfish
more vids coming....

more vids coming....

Early in the morning the fish are in a big ball right there. It's awesome. I've never seem so many in there before. And footing is actually quite good there. It's a bummer having to walk that 1/4 mile from where you have to park, but it's good exercise and a chance to study the water down below. I always turn around about halfway, back the rest of the way up to the gate, unload my gear and then park and hoof it back. There's some really awesome fishing for the next five miles downstream. Actually it's good fishing all the way down...:lol:
I got a few more vids to embed as soon as I upload them to YouTube.

BFF

B
bigfootfish
Thuggin4Life said:
Nice videos! Wish it would have looked like that the day I was there I would have never left. Too bad you couldn't here them its always funny listening to 2 people trying to net a fish.

She's the one that hooked the fish, and when I asked her if she needed a net she said sure, handed her pole to her friend and srambled up the riprap like a pro, grabbed it and she ended up landing her own beastie. It turned out to be a wild Springer so they let it go.

BFF

B
bigfootfish
Drew9870 said:
Lol, hopefully I can convince a buddy of mine, the guy you saw meet up with me the other day.

There were so many people walking up to take a look then dash off for their poles that I canna remember which of you were who you are.....

BFF

B
bigfootfish
Skunkadylic

Skunkadylic

QUOTE=Metz84;128651]Thats awesome!:shock: My bro and I will be going their in the morning for sure. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Let me know how you did. I still got my SKUNKADYLIC going on for steelhead...:wall::pray::think::wall:

BFF

B
bigsteel
theyll be a ton of people there now

D
Drew9870
bigfootfish said:
There were so many people walking up to take a look then dash off for their poles that I canna remember which of you were who you are.....

BFF

I was talking to Metz, I was also going to try to make it up today, but don't think thats gonna happen.

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah there's a million fish in there, but they're all sufferin' from the lock jaw. I basically hit those fish in the face Sunday morning, and nada. Only had one get angry and start to chase my gear, only to decide nawww. Not really my kinda fishin' 'cause it's infuriating when you can see that many and not have any takers....I'd rather fish a blind riffle lol. Not to mention, that hole is NOT cripple friendly. Sunday fishin' the North killed me, and not the fish. So yeah there will be a million people up there but good luck god bless trying to get one of those fish :) lol.

B
bigfootfish
bigsteel said:
theyll be a ton of people there now

Well........maybe. There IS lots of room, there are lots of fish for everybody, fish that will DIE before they can spawn(maybe, I'm waiting on Steve Mamoyak's comment on that), and.........well, I hope you're not too peeved at me for sharing the videos and their locations. I'd like to meet you up there so as to show you some private fishing holes that I shared with AutoFisher and JeannaJigs a few days ago. Actually it was the day I shot those three videos. I got about 7 videos of more of the private holes on my friend's 1/2 mile stretch of the North Santiam which is private property from the upstream end of Niagra Park's East EXIT-ONLY road/driveway upstream to the CableCar crossing. You ever fished that stretch of private land?

BFF

Last edited:
B
bigfootfish
insert catchy line here

insert catchy line here

JeannaJigs said:
Yeah there's a million fish in there, but they're all sufferin' from the lock jaw. I basically hit those fish in the face Sunday morning, and nada. Only had one get angry and start to chase my gear, only to decide nawww. Not really my kinda fishin' 'cause it's infuriating when you can see that many and not have any takers....I'd rather fish a blind riffle lol. Not to mention, that hole is NOT cripple friendly. Sunday fishin' the North killed me, and not the fish. So yeah there will be a million people up there but good luck god bless trying to get one of those fish :) lol.

:DJJ, when you going to insert that catchy line in your insert that catchy line here space?:D:lol::naughty::think::pray:

BFF

M
Metz84
Only had one taker on roe and it spit it out on the first jump..... Other than that I would have had better luck throwing my net in... :confused: I have to agree thats its tough fishing for fish that just laugh at ya..lol

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
The problem with those fish, is they're trapped. They have nowhere to go, and don't know what to do. They want to go uprive to spawn and have literally ran into a wall. They're not in the mindset to bite, especially when you think of how much crap has been thrown at 'em up to this point. They're stressed fish.

and I have no catchy lines...hence the insert catch line. lol.

Chromatose
Chromatose
bigfootfish said:
. It turned out to be a wild Springer so they let it go./QUOTE]
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Very nice video to watch. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.