2 1/2 pounders stocked in # 3 & 6

N
nimzrock
I noticed on the odfw website that they had stocked ponds 3 and 6 with 700 2 1/2 pound rainbows. I gave it a try but only landed 3 12 inchers. I did see a couple dozen big boys pulled in. The fog was heavy when I arrived but when the sun first started burning through the bite was on. Small spinners, green power bait seemed to be the choice of the day. I donated quite a few $pinner$ before switching to tuna baitballs and some old roe I had left over. Hope you can get away and have some fun chasing a better than average rainbow.
Tight line - Nimz

G
Growbug
Thanks for the info.
Which page were you looking at?? and how many people were packed around the ponds?
How are the weeds in #3 looking?

------------
found the page
http://www.dfw.state.or.us/RR/willamette/

M
Modest_Man
So you can still go fish the ponds even though the gate is shut for the winter?

I do know that they killed off a bunch of the weeds a couple months ago, but I'm not sure what ponds ODFW did.

Answered my own question.

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/RR/willamette/

Last edited:
M
Modest_Man
Heading out for about two hours. I'll let you know how productive it is.

M
Modest_Man
Got a whopper of a 4" largemouth bass. No one I talked to had caught anything.

S
shimano22
I went two days ago and caught two small 10-12 inch rainbows and tossed hem back, but two weeks ago when they stocked the ponds i pulled out 2 two pound rainbows my first time there and the next day caught 4 in like an hour so they are there for sure. power bait was working for some and i just had a bobber and worm, felt like a kid again. And yes fishing is open when the gates are closed i talked to some of the guys that stocked the place

S
Sgrunig90
I will maybe head out this Sunday, Superbowl weekend if weather permits. I wouldn't mind hooking up a few trout. To cold for some decent Catfishing sadly. I will post with the results. Hopefully they're good.

-Stephen