Wilson River bank fishing

S

shrigsahoy

I want to fish the Wilson river for salmon or steelhead. I know that nobody wants to give away the big secrets on fishing locations, but I'm gonna ask anyways. I'm a novice at this. I have no boat, so I'll be on the bank. I guess I'm just after a few suggestions on where along Hwy. 6 to try fishing from the bank. Also, with what type of hardware. Any suggestions for me?

Solution
M
The Wilson River's easy bank access is one reason why it's a favorite salmon and steelhead locale. Sollie Smith Bridge, just east of Tillamook, is considered to be the head of the tidewater on the Wilson and offers a large holding pool with limited access. Along the south, or parking lot, side of the river anglers can find a number of spots that will allow them to perch on a rock or a tree stump while they drift bobber and bait combinations or drift fish the hole.

While catching fish in this hole isn't particularly difficult, landing them can be. The bank is steep and brushy, so it helps to have a fishing partner and a long-handled net if you want to get your catch into the cooler for the ride home.

Josi Hole, north of the highway on...