Who Salmon/Steelhead Fishes?????

A
Ariel&Jared12
Im new at this and have never fished for salmon or steelhead. I just got my tag yesterday, (combination tag). I went today to the gold hill river pretty much everywhere possible and than headed to dodge bridge. I didn't have any luck all day, I know that there are bad days but I was totally CLUELESS out there, I had no idea what to do or what i was doing. Iv read things about salmon/steelhead fishing and watched youtube videos but to me I learn better by someone teaching me in person and me watching how its done, I was curious if maybe someone with experience would be willing to take me out and show me a few things so i can be good at it and not look like a fool lol. please let me know, im in medford so anywhere from like gold hill to shady cove to grants pass, im down to go. bank fishing only : )

-thanks- JARED

:rolleyes::rolleyes::):):)

brandon4455
brandon4455
pssst go on a guided trip with charlie brown.

Reactions: Throbbit _Shane
M
Mattdm22
Talk with fellow bankers for tips and check in the Open Seat section frequently. Just keep putting in the hours and the fish will come!

B
beaverfan
There's an awful lot of info already available here on everything from techniques to how to read the water, search through the Salmon and Steelhead sections.

R
RunWithSasquatch
beaverfan said:
There's an awful lot of info already available here on everything from techniques to how to read the water, search through the Salmon and Steelhead sections.

Best advice there is. If you see other people out fishing, pay attention to where they cast, to understand the type of water they are fishing.

T
the salmon kid
hey Arial and Jared if you are up to it and ready to catch some big springers i can teach you how to fish the hatchery and help you guys catch a bunch of salmon the best place to be rite now is from Casey park up to the hatchery and i am willing to share the knowledge of all the good fishing spots with you.,, i went yesterday and hooked over 16 and landed 7,., mostly natives .,.but fun to fight so if you are willing to take me up there and can show you the ropes and how to properly catch Chinook salmon and possibly some summer steel-head give me a pm or some thing and we can talk i also live near medford in central point

Reactions: beaverfan
A
Ariel&Jared12
the salmon kid said:
hey Arial and Jared if you are up to it and ready to catch some big springers i can teach you how to fish the hatchery and help you guys catch a bunch of salmon the best place to be rite now is from Casey park up to the hatchery and i am willing to share the knowledge of all the good fishing spots with you.,, i went yesterday and hooked over 16 and landed 7,., mostly natives .,.but fun to fight so if you are willing to take me up there and can show you the ropes and how to properly catch Chinook salmon and possibly some summer steel-head give me a pm or some thing and we can talk i also live near medford in central point

Thanks for understanding the question, LOL. I'll PM you when we get home. Thanks!

B
beaverfan
the salmon kid said:

I gotta say this made me LMAO!

K
klamathsteel
[QUOTE can show you the ropes and how to properly catch Chinook salmon[/QUOTE]

That's some funny stuff right there !! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Reactions: beaverfan