What TV fishing show host would you like to fish with?

X
xltom
If you could choose any TV fishing personality to spend a day fishing with, who would it be? Just thought I'd post a thread to pass the time.

Since I asked the question I'll go ahead and give my answer. I like to watch"hunt for big fish with Larry D." He fishes for the same reasons I do, to satisfy his curiosity about the fish. He's always fishing exotic or third world locations like india and the amazon..

My second choice would be Mike Iconelli. Were both city boys and I grew up fishing inside city limits. It's cool catching fish where people think there aren't any. But if that dude started screaming in my ear....he'd be taking a swim.

I wouldn't want to fish with Bill Dance. You see him catch 4lb bass all day...that's because he fishes private stocked and managed waters...and they feed the fish pellets. I have a 150 gallon aquarium and I have no desire to throw a line in there(well maybe every once in a while)

Last edited:
T
Throbbit _Shane
Steelhead Stalkers hahaha does that count :D

S
steelhead_stalkers
:) I would not mind fishing with some of those guys who fish in other countries. One of these days I will fish for Golden Durado!! Now thats an exotic fish. :D

C
colbypearson
larry dahlberg is cool but mike iaconelli is a whiny **** he is so overdramatic i would not enjoy that at all he is my least favorite fisherman there is hes cool and a great angler but any guy who stomps or breaks rods over his knee that are over 500 dollars is no good

i hate watching that show no offense but he is sooo annoying how he freaks out,- everyone in bass fishing knows the iaconelli freak out he reminds me of a elementary kid screaming all the time

i think i would pick .....:think:.......MARK ZONA FROM WORLDS GREATEST FISHING SHOW he is a great guy a down to earth bass guy who announces for b.a.s.s tournaments his show is great and my favorite show on t.v

X
xltom
steelhead_stalkers said:
:) I would not mind fishing with some of those guys who fish in other countries. One of these days I will fish for Golden Durado!! Now thats an exotic fish. :D

I hope you're writing off your trips as business expenses!!!

225px-DouradoSalminus_brasiliensise.jpg
Golden Dorado

Pretty cool...But I think peacock bass are prettier....WIKI say dorados taste good though..

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
Nicole Darland,,from the flyfishermen show:shock::dance::shock:;);)

X
xltom
bigsteel said:

Are we still talkin about fishin'?

My aunt Cathy fishes redfish tournies "down florida"(that's how we say it). It's hilarious when she hangs her butt over the rail to pee...

Last edited:
F
Fishtopher
xltom said:
I like to watch"hunt for big fish with Larry D." He fishes for the same reasons I do, to satisfy his curiosity about the fish. He's always fishing exotic or third world locations like india and the amazon..

My second choice would be Mike Iconelli. Were both city boys and I grew up fishing inside city limits. It's cool catching fish where people think there aren't any. But if that dude started screaming in my ear....he'd be taking a swim.I wouldn't want to fish with Bill Dance. You see him catch 4lb bass all day...that's because he fishes private stocked and managed waters...and they feed the fish pellets. I have a 150 gallon aquarium and I have no desire to throw a line in there(well maybe every once in a while)
My thoughts on it pretty much mirror what you said. Dahlberg is awesome!

A
Anyfishisfine
Larry Dahlberg for sure.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Zona gets my vote

Zona gets my vote

I would go anywhere with Mark Zona. Especially if he was to go after Gar again..most hilarious fishing show I've ever seen. :lol: :lol: Ike is a dweeb that needs a good backhand when he starts screaming like b&tch slapped teenager! :mad: Just saying...:rolleyes:

D
dude young
xltom said:
My second choice would be Mike Iconelli. Were both city boys and I grew up fishing inside city limits.

colbypearson said:
larry dahlberg is cool but mike iaconelli is a whiny **** he is so overdramatic i would not enjoy that at all he is my least favorite fisherman there is hes cool and a great angler but any guy who stomps or breaks rods over his knee that are over 500 dollars is no good

i think i would pick .....:think:.......MARK ZONA FROM WORLDS GREATEST FISHING SHOW he is a great guy a down to earth bass guy who announces for b.a.s.s tournaments his show is great and my favorite show on t.v

Good to see a "Jersey Boy" get some props out here. He is a bit of a load when he starts screaming, but we all loved "Happy Gilmore, and that is who he modeled his "character" after. Seems to be working, his sponsors sure don't seem to mind when he busts their rods over his knee.

Zona is too cool. Love the fact that he is a multi-species guy. Did anyone see the one when he was fishing oversize sturgeon on the CR in Hood River? Awesome epi.

To add to the "annoying fisherman side", if anyone picks "The Mad Fisherman", Charlie Moore, I will personally seek you out and tip your boat that day. That guy is, well, lets just say he is everything I hate about Boston/New England.

My pick would be Jose Wejebe. It seems that every time he fishes with someone, he is teaching them everything he knows about the fish he is targeting, and is not satisfied until they learn it all. Very patient, and very knowledgeable. Plus, he fishing in the warmer, drier climes. So, if it is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime day, why not be somewhere that the day ends with my toes in the sand and an umbrella-clad drink in my hand.

B
beaverfan
Me I'd probably go fishing with Shelley and Courtney.

H
halibuthitman
Kelly Rippa.... and yes, I would even put a worm on her hook for her!;)

X
xltom
I thought this thread was pure cheese when I started it, but now I've got some new shows to check out.(Zona..ect) Especially the Kelly Rippa show...can we use regis for bait???

B
bigsteel
bigsteel said:
:D:D

C
colbypearson
dude young said:
Good to see a "Jersey Boy" get some props out here. He is a bit of a load when he starts screaming, but we all loved "Happy Gilmore, and that is who he modeled his "character" after. Seems to be working, his sponsors sure don't seem to mind when he busts their rods over his knee.

Zona is too cool. Love the fact that he is a multi-species guy. Did anyone see the one when he was fishing oversize sturgeon on the CR in Hood River? Awesome epi.

To add to the "annoying fisherman side", if anyone picks "The Mad Fisherman", Charlie Moore, I will personally seek you out and tip your boat that day. That guy is, well, lets just say he is everything I hate about Boston/New England.

My pick would be Jose Wejebe. It seems that every time he fishes with someone, he is teaching them everything he knows about the fish he is targeting, and is not satisfied until they learn it all. Very patient, and very knowledgeable. Plus, he fishing in the warmer, drier climes. So, if it is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime day, why not be somewhere that the day ends with my toes in the sand and an umbrella-clad drink in my hand.

oh man charlie moore is worse than mike iaconelli what a idiot he never een gets any good fish i can't stand that show

and the mark zona worlds greatest fishing show -dragon slayers- edition (sturgeon) was an awesome episode did you see the one where they were usein ripbaits for salmon in some bay

H
Hawk
I piick Jimmy Houston. He is a character...:lol::lol::lol:

"Have You Kissed a Bass Today"

& Skeet Reese, he is The Man...:lol::lol::lol:

:cool::cool:

C
ClearCreek
My picks ain't famous

My picks ain't famous

The same guys I have been fishing with for many, many years. I know what to expect from those guys and a couple of them are probably just as good a fishermen as the people on the "fishin shows".

ClearCreek

M
Mike123
If April Vokey had a show that'd be my choice!! :dance::D:lol:

But I'm with Beaverfan! Though I haven't even seen their show on tv for a long time... :think:

D
dudeone
Cindy Garrison fishing and hunting.:D