What is this thing?

K
kenr74
Stupid question but what is it? Came in an old tackle box handed down to me. I see how it works but does it have a name?

• 2015-07-18 18.22.32.jpg
T
taconight2night
Looks like part of a spinner bait to me.

C_Run
C_Run
Booya or similar maybe.

bass
bass
It is a spinner harness. Google "beetle spin" to see how they are used. Years back I bought a bunch of them in various sizes and blade colors. They are a great, fairly inexpensive bass and panfish lure. They are my go to in the snaggy Tualatin.

K
kenr74
Thanks guys. I'll have to try it next time I'm chasing bass.

B
BamaDan
The sight of that brings back some memories. As a teenager I spent every summer floating down the Choctawhatchee River in SE Alabama tossing beetle spins for spotted bass, largemouth, and all kids of panfish. It was such a healthy river that got next to no pressure because most folks didn't want to deal with the gators or the water moccasins but on an average day you could easily catch 30 or more fish by yourself. I had several 50+ fish days.

I'll never forget the day, right at the beginning of a float, I tossed my lure in a nice looking pool and hooked into something big. It fought so hard it straightened out the spinner harness. I'm still heartbroken to this day.