Went by the boat ramp at Dunes City today

G
Gary W
Not sure if this has been posted before or not the county boat ramp at Dunes City is still closed Equipment sitting still and 20' between shore and dock. Sign is still there telling you to go to Darlings but end date of December 15th has been covered and reset to February 15th to reopen. Looks like it is over for the winter. Have to fish tahackinitch or Ten Mile for silvers if they are still bright enough to catch after the water drops and clears.

Reactions: billfisher
B
billfisher
Thanks for the update. I've been wondering if it was open yet. Doesn't look like theres but one or two boats using Darlings the last few days. I was hoping for another group of fresh Coho.

G
Gary W
Yeah me too. Rivers are a mess and chocolate brown lakes are too. Hail Rain and wind today. Not looking better next week Tuesday looks promising but not enough time to clear the water it is back to rain after tuesday. Gardiner has river up to the railroad tracks. Lower Smith and Umpqua almost look like one river at Gardiner.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
thanks for the update, when I checked about a week ago, the sign hadn't been changed but most the equipment was gone...I am very disappointed in the county for not doing this work before Oct1 when almost no one uses the launch.

B
billfisher
I was thinking tue. or wed. But didn't know the lake was chocolate.

G
Gary W
Tahackinitch is so high the lilly Pads are mostly underwater.