Video: Huddelston Pond brooder landed

S
solution7
halibuthitman said:
Brooder might possibly be the most mis-applied term on this site:rolleyes:

What do you mean? Thats what ODFW calls them probably since they use them for breeding purposes, hence the word Brood/Brooder.. Here's a quote from ODFW site

Large brood trout were released this week in Huddleston Pond in Yamhill County. The fish are 4- and 5-year-old rainbow trout from ODFW’s Roaring River hatchery and range in size from 8 to 18 pounds.

H
halibuthitman
solution7 said:
What do you mean? Thats what ODFW calls them probably since they use them for breeding purposes, hence the word Brood/Brooder.. Here's a quote from ODFW site

Large brood trout were released this week in Huddleston Pond in Yamhill County. The fish are 4- and 5-year-old rainbow trout from ODFW’s Roaring River hatchery and range in size from 8 to 18 pounds.
the fish you are holding is a brooder, I was responding to t.b and his constant mis-use of the term, but I have also seen people call 2 and 3 salter steelhead a brooder, and fish that were simply carry-overs or trout in the 12-15 inch range... it is constantly mis-applied.

M
masmith
halibuthitman said:
the fish you are holding is a brooder, I was responding to t.b and his constant mis-use of the term, but I have also seen people call 2 and 3 salter steelhead a brooder, and fish that were simply carry-overs or trout in the 12-15 inch range... it is constantly mis-applied.

good point.

L
lilsalmon
Going there in the morning to get one of those big ones....Will have to give the steelhead a break for the day....:lol:

L
lilsalmon
So, I went, I fished, I got skunked and snowed out.....It was great...

S
solution7
lilsalmon said:
So, I went, I fished, I got skunked and snowed out.....It was great...

I bet the snow was pretty...:)

L
lilsalmon
solution7 said:
I bet the snow was pretty...:)

It was very pretty. But I knew it was time to go home :(

troutdude
troutdude
I tried fishing, for the first time, at Huddleston last spring from a float tube. There are way too many weeds. It was a complete pain in the neck. I only caught fish, while standing on the boat ramp dock.

We're you guys fishing with bobbers n' bait, or some other method?