Valley trouting report

brandon4455
brandon4455
Spent a half day at a private lake outside of town today with a good friend, a new friend, and his wife.The lake was an established warmwater fishery until they began to stock high quality rainbows! these aren't your run of the mill odfw stockers, the fish are strong, and look nice too! fish were stocked last spring and have taken advantage of the cooler water and food sources the lake has to offer. i spent a while trolling a leech on my intermediate line and once i found the fish, anchored up and tied on some chironomids. Hardly any fish fell for chironomid pupa (not a surprise as there wasn't much of a hatch) but the bloodworm dropper was the hot fly! fish were on the little red guys hard on the shoal and we presented the flies just at the right level where the fish were feeding. Good chop on the water and consistent action most of the day.Went to my backing 3 times, and had plenty of jumpers as well. Arm is so sore typing is a pain! my 4wt rod was the only one with a floating line and way under gunned for these large well conditioned bows', but it held on! called it a day around 3 with plenty of fish to the net for us all. Fish averaged around 16 inches with fish to 23 inches.

Enjoy the pics

• Turner lake 14' 047.jpg
  • Turner lake 14' 050.jpg
  • Turner lake 14' 052.jpg
  • Turner lake 14' 057.jpg
  • Turner lake 14' 065.jpg
S
sapo
Those are nice fish!

T
TimberTodd
That looks like a fun time Brandon. Thanks for sharing it.

S
sapo
Is there any way to gain access to the lake, or are you friends w the owner or something?

brandon4455
brandon4455
sapo said:
Is there any way to gain access to the lake, or are you friends w the owner or something?

there is no way to gain access, i was lucky enough to get invitied.

bass
bass
Looks like that was a great day! Thanks for sharing.