Update on Sandy? Coho timeline?

S
steelhead_slayer
john montana said:
i was out at cedar creek yesterday. saw one dead coho. I hooked 2 coho on a fly, lost them both. I also lost a chinook...i suck. i did see two fish caught by the flossers in the meat hole. it wasn't packed, so it was the most obvious snag line i've ever seen. 4-5 guys were there casting across the pool, waiting for the line to tighen and then jerking back as hard and as far as they could to try to snag something. pretty sad.

we need rain.

Cool seeing reports from you on the rivers

J
john montana
Trying to stay active. Lost my dad a few weeks ago...he'd have liked to see me out there fishing. With carp winding down, it is nice to get out after some fish a little closer to home. Hopefully i can catch my first winter steelhead this year. Caught plenty of summers and coho, but i've never landed a winter steelhead on the fly.

S
steelhead_slayer
I am sorry to hear that. It gets easier. I had the same thing happen. Fishing really helps me to feel close to him.

M
mccarrel
Went out this morning to Oxbow. Sighted a few fish but I think they were Fall Nooks heading to their spawning grounds.

S
SlamminSalmon
Still pretty quiet!! Know of one coho caught Sunday afternoon on first cast, but other than that it has been eerily still.