Umpqua producing Aug 24 -25 2012

M
marko
go to my profile to see pics. the evening pic of 2 fish on sat at 6 and 8 pm -----only a handfull of boats on river---put in and fished below the 101 bridge. this am was a zoo on the river--- early had 4 boats around me , all with a fish on and I did not even get a take down, but at the end of 3 days , landed between 1 and 3 fish per day----i am definitely happy with that-----will fish tomarrow am and am expecting another zoo and heavy fog ----just have to be there early and travel slow on the river. a lot of people having fun. marko

C
Coastaldweller
Very nice, wish I had the time to make it out on the water. I am envious, looks like a great trip!

H
Hawk
Well Done, Bro. Beautiful fish...:D:cool:

:clap::clap::clap:

N
nwdunerider
DSCF1681.jpgDSCF1683.jpgDSCF1682.jpg
Had a fun day on the Umpqua today . Trolling for chinook we got a 20 pounder and were surprised by a 6 ft green sturgeon.
It put up a pretty good fight for a little while then just gave up ! We had seen one jumping earlier. But did not expect to hook one trolling.

E
eugene1
nwdunerider said:
Had a fun day on the Umpqua today . Trolling for chinook we got a 20 pounder and were surprised by a 6 ft green sturgeon.
It put up a pretty good fight for a little while then just gave up ! We had seen one jumping earlier. But did not expect to hook one trolling.

Looks great! did your sturg take herring? I have never hooked into one down there even though we see them all over.

Cool,

N
nwdunerider
He hit a herring on the troll. A few small taps then he took it

M
marko
sept 1 and sept 2

sept 1 and sept 2

nwdunerider said:
He hit a herring on the troll. A few small taps then he took it

Labor day weekend produced a few jacks and one 20 pd ish nook-----a lot ( 3-4 per day )of takedowns and a few fish on but just could not seem to boat them. ??? I think I prefer green lable---seems to spin better. seems like the morning bite was pretty short up by #23