Umpqua pig!

H

Halfthrive

Caught this dominator steelhead today on the umpqua. Went a little old school and pulled plugs instead of side drifting.
_139613746101259_100001579030836_251871_3619206_n1.jpg

T

Thuggin4Life

Nice fish but a bit small for that river to be considered a pig. Man i love that river. i have to say i am a bit jealous of that almost monster steelhead. Here is a picture of another almost pig. Sure is a cool looking buck.

Attachments

• mine.jpg
    mine.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
T

TTFishon

Nice fish but a bit small for that river to be considered a pig. Man i love that river. i have to say i am a bit jealous of that almost monster steelhead. Here is a picture of another almost pig. Sure is a cool looking buck.

Nice photoshop! You look like GSP!:lol:

H

Halfthrive

U have to know that I am 6' 5" and weigh 300lbs, I make big fish look small. My fish scale stopped at 22 lbs 4 oz.

S

Santiam338

Looks piggy enough for me...Congrats..

G

GraphiteZen

Them's some big hands you got there Andy. :D

T

Thuggin4Life

U have to know that I am 6' 5" and weigh 300lbs, I make big fish look small. My fish scale stopped at 22 lbs 4 oz.

.Looked to be an 17lber 18 tops but then you give me some size reference and the wieght. If its over 20 lbs then you got into one of the mythical upqua hogs. seen fish over 25lb on that river. that one that "I" got was 23lbs give or take for an old school scale. Seen a 17lber caught eirlier this year it was close a hog but not quite. man i love that river. Like I said earlier, nice fish! might have been the buck that broke me off way down river from there a few weeks ago at dawn. it was 20+lber. Did he have a red gamagastu hook in him?

G

GDBrown

I'll take one like that anytime and be glad it didn't get away! Great job!

T

Thuggin4Life

I guess when your a small guy like me fish always look big. So how long it take you to boat that sucker?

H

Halfthrive

I guess when your a small guy like me fish always look big. So how long it take you to boat that sucker?

Sadly it only took about 6 minutes. I broke both my steelhead plug rods so I've been using my salmon plug rods. Pretty heavy for steel, even the big ones, but its all I got.

troutdude

troutdude

Hey, at least you GOT him...ain't that what counts?

Anything over 20, is a genuine HAWG in my book!

Top Bottom