Umpqua Fishing?

H
hgordon4
Coming down to visit family in Roseburg for Thanksgiving. Any good salmon/steelheading fishing near Glide or Roseburg? Are the river levels good for fishing:pray:, or should i actully spend time with the relatives?

B
bankmaggot
hgordon4 said:
Coming down to visit family in Roseburg for Thanksgiving. Any good salmon/steelheading fishing near Glide or Roseburg? Are the river levels good for fishing:pray:, or should i actully spend time with the relatives?

Hope you spent time with the relatives!:)Late summers,and burner silves in Glide,2 or 3 winters below forks.I bet the in laws want you back for christmas!SHOULD BE GOOD:dance:Sorry so late,just registered.

F
Fishtopher
Nice handle...

Nice handle...

bankmaggot said:
Hope you spent time with the relatives!:)Late summers,and burner silves in Glide,2 or 3 winters below forks.I bet the in laws want you back for christmas!SHOULD BE GOOD:dance:Sorry so late,just registered.

Welcome to the Forum bankmaggot! I love that word! I was thinking about getting a tatoo on my back, something having to do with a bankmaggot...I used to get offended by the term, but I have since embraced it...

Bankmaggot for life!:yay:

No offense to any of yall boaters, Im just proud of my roots. Or just plain goofy. Or both. Probably both. Ya both.:whistle:

Anyways, sounds like ya gotta lotta good info on yer neck of tha woods...again welcome to OFF!:dance::clap:

B
bankmaggot
Fishtopher said:
Welcome to the Forum bankmaggot! I love that word! I was thinking about getting a tatoo on my back, something having to do with a bankmaggot...I used to get offended by the term, but I have since embraced it...

Bankmaggot for life!:yay:

No offense to any of yall boaters, Im just proud of my roots. Or just plain goofy. Or both. Probably both. Ya both.:whistle:

Anyways, sounds like ya gotta lotta good info on yer neck of tha woods...again welcome to OFF!:dance::clap:
THANKS fishtopher!Boats,that's cheating,:naughty:,in high water,I cheat:pray:

Troutski
Troutski
Welocme to OFF

Welocme to OFF

Glad to have your on the site bankmaggot, crazy name. I am a bankie on rivers and creeks but use a boat on the lakes....I guess it is like cheating but my old legs just can't troll like they use to....:lol: I kept tripping on the stumps.;)

Chuck

H
hgordon4
Slow fishing

Slow fishing

So i was able to get out of the house to do some fishing. I didn't come home with any results. I think the weather was too nice. The river is too low and none of the fish are moving. Maybe after the rain comes, fishing will improve.

S
Scarecro
i went to the shad hole yesterday out hubbard creek (dude at the fishing store called in "Popcorn Hole) for a couple hours. didn't catch anything but i saw the biggest fish id ever seen. it was bigger than my dog. I showed it to my fiancee and she was freaked out. she thought it was a log at first. Now ive never seen a shad but i think thats what it was. It was a really dark color with HUGE white spots on it. spooky lookin fish. I wouldnt even know how to pull the thing out :shock:

Still need a bit of help on how to shad fish. I had my shad hook with jig on it and a couple split shots about 16 inches up. amidoinitright?:D

T
the_intimidator03
i will be going down just past tyee soon for shad fishing i am sure i could help ya out with it... as far as that fish from what it sounds like..... white spots not quite sure... but bigger than ur dog... u must have a chihuahua for a shad to be bigger than it :))

D
deejay
it might have been a sturgeon ive ween a bunch jumping up there when they were spawning ab out 2 years ago i saw an 8 footer come clean out of the water

B
bluefoxfan
How bout a striped bass or sturgeon, shad don't get that big. Not sure the stripers go that far up river.

Last edited:
S
Scarecro
OMG those things are huge!