Umpqua Fishing?

H
hgordon4
Coming down to visit family in Roseburg for Thanksgiving. Any good salmon/steelheading fishing near Glide or Roseburg? Are the river levels good for fishingray:, or should i actully spend time with the relatives?

B
bankmaggot
Coming down to visit family in Roseburg for Thanksgiving. Any good salmon/steelheading fishing near Glide or Roseburg? Are the river levels good for fishingray:, or should i actully spend time with the relatives?

Hope you spent time with the relatives!Late summers,and burner silves in Glide,2 or 3 winters below forks.I bet the in laws want you back for christmas!SHOULD BE GOOD:dance:Sorry so late,just registered.

F
Fishtopher
Nice handle...

Nice handle...

Hope you spent time with the relatives!Late summers,and burner silves in Glide,2 or 3 winters below forks.I bet the in laws want you back for christmas!SHOULD BE GOOD:dance:Sorry so late,just registered.

Welcome to the Forum bankmaggot! I love that word! I was thinking about getting a tatoo on my back, something having to do with a bankmaggot...I used to get offended by the term, but I have since embraced it...

Bankmaggot for life!:yay:

No offense to any of yall boaters, Im just proud of my roots. Or just plain goofy. Or both. Probably both. Ya both.

Anyways, sounds like ya gotta lotta good info on yer neck of tha woods...again welcome to OFF!:dance::clap:

B
bankmaggot
THANKS fishtopher!Boats,that's cheating,:naughty:,in high water,I cheatray:

Troutski
Welocme to OFF

Welocme to OFF

Glad to have your on the site bankmaggot, crazy name. I am a bankie on rivers and creeks but use a boat on the lakes....I guess it is like cheating but my old legs just can't troll like they use to....:lol: I kept tripping on the stumps.

Chuck

H
hgordon4
Slow fishing

Slow fishing

So i was able to get out of the house to do some fishing. I didn't come home with any results. I think the weather was too nice. The river is too low and none of the fish are moving. Maybe after the rain comes, fishing will improve.

S
Scarecro
i went to the shad hole yesterday out hubbard creek (dude at the fishing store called in "Popcorn Hole) for a couple hours. didn't catch anything but i saw the biggest fish id ever seen. it was bigger than my dog. I showed it to my fiancee and she was freaked out. she thought it was a log at first. Now ive never seen a shad but i think thats what it was. It was a really dark color with HUGE white spots on it. spooky lookin fish. I wouldnt even know how to pull the thing out :shock:

Still need a bit of help on how to shad fish. I had my shad hook with jig on it and a couple split shots about 16 inches up. amidoinitright?

T
the_intimidator03
i will be going down just past tyee soon for shad fishing i am sure i could help ya out with it... as far as that fish from what it sounds like..... white spots not quite sure... but bigger than ur dog... u must have a chihuahua for a shad to be bigger than it )

D
deejay
it might have been a sturgeon ive ween a bunch jumping up there when they were spawning ab out 2 years ago i saw an 8 footer come clean out of the water

B
bluefoxfan
How bout a striped bass or sturgeon, shad don't get that big. Not sure the stripers go that far up river.

Last edited:
S
Scarecro
OMG those things are huge!