Trout or steelies that is the question

B
bigboy70
ok trying to figure out where and what i want to fish for ive been out steelhead/salmon for the last month and a half and had a lil action but for this weekend since it sounds like were smack dab in the middle of the trastion to the winters running thought hey why not go trout fishing. (still in search of my trophy trout)

ive seen some member doing well for trout on faraday and henry hagg lakes fish faraday a lot only once since they opened it again and fish was not good anymore since they put in that channel.

henry hagg i think ive fished once from the bank and remember it being super low so that day we didn't fair well either

so i dont know lol keep changing my mind and since its transtion time i know a lot of the river banks are empty so it might be a good time for me to scout spots out for when the winters do show up having a hard time deciding

thought comments?

Last edited:
Casting Call
Casting Call
Welcome aboard the OFF train. No question the best time to do a recon. and scouting good bank spots is NOW! Becareful and good luck. Tony BTW my C.B. is Boxcar 1212

B
bigboy70
Hey thanks Tony nice to meet ya names Ethan c.b ppl still use those besides truckers no offense but serious I use to have one haha there awesome

M
Moe
Word is they put trophies into mh pond. Going there tomorrow, fishing for a lil then I'm hunting for sturgeon poachers lol

B
bigboy70
i thought that pond was for kids only? That was a question for you Moe BTW

Last edited:
M
Moe
Not in the winter brother. Open to everyone right now

troutdude
troutdude
Correct on all counts. It was scheduled to have a load of brooders "installed" last week; and MH pond IS open to all. Good luck.

B
bigboy70
Hell ya brooders here I come ive been hunting a trophy for a long time now

M
Moe
I'm here. Say hi if you come by

B
bigboy70
Trust me if I could I would unfortunately o have a job and were working 6 days a week ill head out the tomorrow

troutdude
troutdude
Guys; let us know you did/do at the pond.

M
Moe
Ended up landing one brooder that was 10+ lbs. Gave it to a kid fishing there. It was mostly a day of learning how to cast with a baitcaster

B
bigboy70
Wait a trout or what am I gonna see you there tomorrow brada

M
Moe
Yeah trout. No I'm staying home tomorrow maybe monday

B
bigboy70
Well fine I didn't want to fish with u either what were ya using for bait probably dumb question anyone fly fishing

M
Moe
No one fly fishing but I noticed some fish sipping bugs up on the surface. I was using a gold and black panther martin spinner

B
bigboy70
U allowed to use your two rod endorsements there

B
bigboy70
Man I'm trying to look up directions and can't find it got a bunch of pond stores man I feel dumb

M
Moe
Yes two rods are allowed. Search mount hood community college. The pond is on the campus on kane/23rd I believe is the street names

B
bigboy70
Thanks they call it mtood community college reservoir