Totally shameless brag fish.

J
Jordy
Ive been putting in my usual relentless effort and have been having an average year with one exception. Size. Nothing huge but I have felt very lucky this year with all of our hatchery fish being larger than usual. For the past decade I would call my average springer somewhere around 12 pounds.

Then this happened...

69c1b0e7b066045da20f04c7af6a6cd1.jpg

Thats a 12.5 nike that is exactly 13 inches long.

That fish had me spooled fishing 30/15 and I had to crank my drag and take off after her, running as fast as I could for about 100 yards of bank.

Final measurements were 38x23 and hanging just under 25 pounds gilled and gutted.

I feel truly blessed to be able to harvest another awesome fish. This one is also unique in that the take quality is far superior to the Columbia river fish I have harvested this far, and is also far superior to the smaller males I have harvested from various systems.

Reactions: rogerdodger
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Whatta pig! You have a right to brag about that monster. Congrats! :worthy:

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
looks like a 'dragon' to me! great job on light gear...

B
Berg03
What a beast! Nice job landing that thing!

troutdude
troutdude
You didn't go fishing.

You went HAWG HUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hobster
hobster
Beast! Man, thats a huge fish to land on such a small reel, especially from the bank. Great job!

J
Jordy
That reel got a little TLC yesterday and I have to say the Purist has been a great reel.

hobster
hobster
My buddy swears by Pfleuger, i might try one when my Shimanos finally go out.

D
DrTheopolis
What do you mean "shameless"? When you catch one like that, you're supposed to brag -- to everyone that will listen.

T
Toyracer38
Wish I could find one like that. Nice fish!

E
eugene1
Congratulations on an awesome Willy fish!!!

That's like two average willy fish in one.

jamisonace
jamisonace
That's an enormous springer at over 25 pounds. You got me beat. I don't think I've ever caught one over about 18. 12.5 is a respectable average for springers too. I get a lot in the 10 minus category with a few in the upper teens.

J
Jordy
This year has been nice for big fish. I caught a 17 on the 16th extension and an 18 the day after on a trib. I caught an 18 in the willamette at the beginning of april and every single day there were.multiple 20# fish on the board at Freds.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Good. I haven't caught anything big this year but last night i had a pig jump less than two feet from my boat and soak the entire left side of my body.

Scared the crap out of me!

H
Hookset
Awesome fish. Great job on the fight also.

J
JonT
Nice one!

my2labs
my2labs
Super saweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
sleepyogre
very awesome fish. Congrats!

T
Trav