Tis the season - winter steelhead clinic (canceled)

Artwo
Artwo
It's that time of year again. In conjunction with the Sandy River Chapter of the Northwest Steelheaders Association, the past few years my good friend/guide and I have been putting on winter steelhead clinics around town at different local sporting goods stores. To start things off this season, we'll be at the Sportsman's Warehouse store on 82nd Ave. in Portland on Thursday night, January 12th, from 6-8 pm.........

Our clinics are mainly tailored toward beginning steelhead fisherman as we discuss various bank fishing methods and set-ups for catching winter steelhead. But, we are also welcome to discuss more advanced stuff as well. We are not professional fisherman, although my friend is guiding now, we are just a couple guys who do a lot of fishing and enjoy helping others with some of the things we've learned over the years that catch fish for us. We'll be demonstrating bobber/jig, bobber doggin beads/yarnies, drift fishing, spinners, etc. and it's all free to attend. We'll even help you pick out some gear afterwards if you want to do some shopping while you're there......

Hope to see you there, thanks.

Reactions: troutdude and Admin
troutdude
troutdude
What a great OFFer. If I was closer, I'd attend. Hopefully, you will get a good crowd.

Admin
Admin
Thanks for your offer. Do you have any video from your previous clinics? That might help.

Artwo
Artwo
Anatoliy;n600844 said:
Do you have any video from your previous clinics? That might help.

No video, we're kinda old school. We've been asked a few times about videoing our sessions, but we're just a couple good old boy steelhead fisherman and none of our presentations are scripted or anything like that. Each session varies in content really dependent on the crowd. Still, we enjoy doing them just the same..............

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
troutdude;n600827 said:
What a great OFFer. If I was closer, I'd attend. Hopefully, you will get a good crowd.

What TD said

Artwo
Artwo
Bumping his to the top, just over a week away...........

Artwo
Artwo
Pushing this to the top of the page, only a few days away...........

Admin
Admin
Let me know if you have a publication about your winter steelhead clinic in Facebook. I'll share it at OFF facebook page. It might bring few peple your way.

Artwo
Artwo
Anatoliy;n601301 said:
Let me know if you have a publication about your winter steelhead clinic in Facebook. I'll share it at OFF facebook page. It might bring few peple your way.

Thanks.....

I don't do Facebook but my buddy I do the clinics with does, I'll ask him today........

Thanks again...

95fordranger
I'm hoping to attend, thanks.

Artwo
Artwo
With the current weather conditions I'll be contacting Sportsman's today to see if they still want to hold the clinic tomorrow night or not..........

Stay tuned..........

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Hopefully you can still do the clinic. If you ever do the west side Sportsmans I'll attend.

Artwo
Artwo
..........CANCELLED..........

Mother Nature has caused us to cancel................

I'll post up when we figure out a reschedule date.......

Thanks everyone for the nice comments and inquiries.........

Reactions: 95fordranger
C
ChezJfrey
So I'm curious...who was the wimp? Sportsman's (which if so, not really an apt name if a little snow causes such trepidation, is it?), or you? LOL, just ribbing... ;)

Artwo
Artwo
ChezJfrey;n601417 said:
So I'm curious...who was the wimp? Sportsman's (which if so, not really an apt name if a little snow causes such trepidation, is it?), or you? LOL, just ribbing... ;)

Maybe a little of both................;)

Still pretty tough going out here where I live, and we're not even in one of the worse areas from what I'm seeing on the news........

We left the final decision up to them..................