Things I have learned fishing at JC Pond

T
teubie
Things I have learned fishing at JC pond:

1. It is ok to squeeze next to someone fishing and over run them because well, it's all about you and your "magic spot." Esp when everyone sees you catching fish.
2. If you pretend you don't understand English you can do whatever you want. Including making everyone angry all around you.
3. Cigarette butts go in the pond and is a great ashtray. You didn't know that?
4. You have to be very serious to fish here and having fun is not an option.
5. Sitting in your car while your line is out in the water is not lazy. The car may get stolen so this way of fishing assures your car is safe.
6. Smelling of alcohol while fishing is not rude, it is so you too can feel drunk just by breathing it in. It's called sharing.
7. The clothes worn here are also perfect for Walmart. No need to waste your time changing between the two.
8. Not only are the bushes good for peeing, it is also a great place to hide your other full stringer.
9. When you do catch a fish, it is mandatory that you act like you're the best fisherman out there because "you have to know where to cast."
10. You don't need class to fish here. And I'm not talking class like in a school.
11. If you don't have the special pole holder that you pound into the ground with a sledge hammer and you don't put a bobber on your line to know when a fish bites; well, you're an alien so go away.
12. Finally...got to go, some body crossed my line and another just came up to rub elbows with me. Darn, I thought they were flirting, they just wanted to fish 2 inches from me. Silly them, don't they know my comfort zone is 1 inch.
If you cannot laugh at this then you're the subject of my humor.

Reactions: OnTheDrop
T
TimberTodd
A couple of those made me laugh.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Does this list apply to Alton Baker too? I avoid both like they're the Black Plague.

hobster
hobster
:lol: Very creative and funny. This is why i have never and will never fish JC pond.

S
sapo
LOL great! Yah I've heard JC pond is crap. Sounds like it...I can't stand those people. Can't you be a responsible adult, and at least be nice? Wow. Those annoying people are not children, ugh. Ya lol those old fishermen who when you ask how they keep catching them "You just have to know the area" or "You have to have been fishing for a long time for success like this". So true. Lol nice post

T
teubie
Don't get me started on the "wondering lure fisherman."
Sapo: that's too funny "success like this." Yeah because you have to be brilliant to fish at JC and sit in your car.
Jamisonace: love Alton Baker. It's much better for atmosphere but the experts come down from JC to show us "locals" how it is done. They give themselves away with the sledge hammer, hanger bobber thing and the serious attitude. If you want to fish here, come down and have some fun with me.
i have heard that there is a certain pair of guys that will no longer be welcome at either pond. Thank you!!!!

O
OnTheDrop
Best post I've seen in a long while.

S
Steel4life
have heard that there is a certain pair of guys that will no longer be welcome at either pond.

Lol who said that, OSP?
Or some old man?

jamisonace
jamisonace
Teubie, I might take you up on that. I'm a short bike ride from Alton baker. We enjoy spending time there. For fishing....not so much but we could give it a try.

hobster
hobster
I fish Alton Baker with my kids a few times a year, never ran across anyone who wasn't friendly. Lots of room and close to home, nice place to spend a sunny afternoon. I've seen a couple of steelies pulled out of there as well.

B
Billamicasr
That's some very funny stuff teubie; took some time to create, I'm sure. Nice post.

PK Yi
PK Yi
great post to end my weekend. thanks for the laugh. :)

bass
bass
Great job putting that list together. It could also be title 12 reasons to get a kayak :)

D
DrTheopolis
The guys who go catch a few pelletheads and think they're Captain Ahab always crack me up.

Great post.

C
coyo7e
I was there a few days ago, some guys came up to me while I was tying on a new leader on my second rod, and they asked if they could fish next to me. Since I was casting spinners with another line in the water I replied that I was casting there. They said "great thanks!" and posted up where I had been casting before sitting down to tie a knot. Brilliant.

T
teubie
What!!! You mean I got a bad rumor? The longer they get to "what they want," the more other people think they can do the same. It is pretty funny though to watch the two scramble to hide their fish and divide the others when they see OSP drive up. Quite frankly, if they get away with breaking all the rules and just being a nuisance then others shouldn't be ticketed either. Throw away the rule book and just let everyone act like animals trying to catch their next meal.

T
teubie
Please do. Gonna miss the next stocking in a week though.

T
teubie
Isn't it great? And I bet there was plenty of openings around the whole lake!

B
Barley
I agree with hobster. I have taken my kid to Alton baker and everyone is always friendly. I never post up next to people and there is plenty of room. JC pond....not so much.