The Willy in the Newberg area

B
bass_junkie
So a quick question, a buddy of mine and I are headin out his boat tomorrow on the willy In the newberg area. Anybody know of any good spots or tips? I know with this warming weather they should be close to spawning. But any input would be great, thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
T
troutmasta
drop shot nightcrawlers behind the island......

bass
bass
My best pattern is to carefully listen to troutmasta.

I did well behind the island about a month ago (my last time out). I would guess it is even better now. I caught all of my fish then on a shaky head jig and a pumpkinseed colored baby brush hog. Good luck!

B
bass_junkie
Isn't it called ash island? Upriver from rogers landing?

bass
bass
bass_junkie said:
Isn't it called ash island? Upriver from rogers landing?

Yes. We are talking about Ash Island upriver from Rogers landing. Fish the channel on the same side of the river as the boat ramp.

troutdude
troutdude
Up the mouth of the Yamhill, is supposed to be good. Especially further up, around the Locks.

B
bass_junkie
troutdude said:
Up the mouth of the Yamhill, is supposed to be good. Especially further up, around the Locks.
Thanks for the tips guys, had a good day caught about 20 or so

B
bass_junkie
troutdude said:

Yes I know about the locks, I live only a few minutes away from there.

S
sapo
Can you be successful bank fishing near Ash Island?

bass
bass
sapo said:
Can you be successful bank fishing near Ash Island?

I see people fishing the shoreline at the Chehalem kayak launch in Dundee. I am not sure how well they do.

There is a large set of pilings protecting the launch. At the pilings and launch the water is very shallow and then drops down to about 10' deep as you head toward shore before coming back up at the bank. Seems like it would be a decent spot for bass and panfish, but I have not spent any time fishing it.