The Sandy was good to us

F
FishSchooler
bigdog said:
Well heck 40lb most rods would break before the line lol. Maybe the reason I didn't like it was because I use spinner reels and it seem to have a lot of memory. Was always unwinding, same for the braided line didn't care for it to much but a lot of people like it. When I was using big game was when I first started fishing salmon and seem to break easy but that could be from the same mistakes I was saying to watch out for.

If it had no memory it would unwind...
10 lb worked great with the bobber.

B
bigdog
FishSchooler said:
If it had no memory it would unwind...
10 lb worked great with the bobber.

Memory, no memory they got what I meant.

B
bigdog
Great job on the fish man always good to see people getting in to fish. I know how I felt when I landed my first one. Not your true addiction starts, once you have one you'll want more. So where did you end up landing that cromer?

A
alm21
bigdog said:
Great job on the fish man always good to see people getting in to fish. I know how I felt when I landed my first one. Not your true addiction starts, once you have one you'll want more. So where did you end up landing that cromer?

Time stood still! LOL, it was a blast and I am ready for more! I caught this at Cedar Creek in the hole just downstream from the fallen tree that spans the river to the "island".

B
bigdog
alm21 said:
Time stood still! LOL, it was a blast and I am ready for more! I caught this at Cedar Creek in the hole just downstream from the fallen tree that spans the river to the "island".

Yeah I know right where you were at. Soon the hunting will start and you will want to find fish in different places. Great job man hope to see you on the water sometime. I'm going to be hitting the pipeline hole on the sandy this coming thursday.

A
alm21
bigdog said:
Yeah I know right where you were at. Soon the hunting will start and you will want to find fish in different places. Great job man hope to see you on the water sometime. I'm going to be hitting the pipeline hole on the sandy this coming thursday.

Thanks, hoping to become a regula! I'm new to the river so I am trying to figure out were these places are that people are referencing such as the Pipeline, Garbage Hole, etc. Living in Happy Valley makes the Sandy an easy place to get to, especially CC.

B
Bohemian
alm21 said:
I went back out to the Sandy this morning and landed my FIRST EVER salmon! A nice bright chrome Coho. I'm feeling dialed in now!

Congratulations! Nice fish :clap::clap::clap:

F
Fishtopher
Nice fish bro! :clap:

G
GDBrown
My Turn!!! My turn!!!!

I'm getting jello - us what with the skunk following me everywhere I go. Even the other fishermen around me are noticing the stinky little thing.

Way to go!!!

GD

Y
youngbuck307
:dance::clap::dance::clap: good job on the fish man!!! Like every one says and knows now you will only want more...:D

Y
youngbuck307
Btw i seen it is a hen did you cure the eggs???

A
alm21
youngbuck307 said:
Btw i seen it is a hen did you cure the eggs???

Thanks everyone! "The Sandy was good to me!"

I took the eggs and put them in a container and stuck them into the fridge so I could cure them. Being a total rookie (but quick learner) I have never cured eggs so I need to get up to speed and I imagine my window of opportunity to cure them is short so I am going to look into that today. Advice always welcomed!

F
Fishtopher
Run a search on "cured eggs" in the search right up top next to "new posts". Should get ya there. Good luck.