The pioneer license

R
radiation
My mother just got her Pioneer license. I'm wondering what else she needs to be able to fish for steelhead. I think she needs a harvest tag also but i'm not sure. The office is closed now so I thought I would ask here.

Solution
troutdude
@radiation A Pioneer license includes the Columbia River Basin endorsement. So she can legally fish in all streams that feed into the Big C (during open seasons). But the reg book does not appear to include a Salmon/Steelhead harvest tag. So she may need to also obtain such a tag.
troutdude
troutdude
@radiation A Pioneer license includes the Columbia River Basin endorsement. So she can legally fish in all streams that feed into the Big C (during open seasons). But the reg book does not appear to include a Salmon/Steelhead harvest tag. So she may need to also obtain such a tag.

Solution
Irishrover
Irishrover
Yes she would need the Salmon/Steelhead/Halibut tag to fish for Steelhead. In January we get our pioneer licenses and purchase the salmon tag at the same time. It's a good deal for seniors who have lived in the state 50 or more years.

Hope she hooks up with some nice fish!

Reactions: troutdude, Raincatcher and Admin