The fish that made me cry.

C
colt
Great story and thanks for sharing it. Sure made me well up a bit and that isn't easy to do. One of the many reasons I push for the kids to fish. I sure hope he will be able to keep on fishing where ever he goes and remember that special moment.

S
Spydeyrch
I am so very thankful to you for sharing with us the moment that will remain ever etched in your soul. Moments like those are far and few between for many of us. So I thank you again sir for your sharing of a moment.

I hope that you write down that day, it's thoughts, feelings, reactions, and tears in a journal, so that years down the road, you can recall what it meant to you. And perhaps years down the road, you can share it with your son again.

Thank you again. I wish the best for you and your son.

-Spydey

W
waco
That's an incredible story! Thanks for sharing it with us! I tip off my hat to you sr! You are a good dad!

C
ColoradoTroutMan
As a dad, this story made it hard for me to keep my composure. What a great story and a memory that will never fade.

jamisonace
jamisonace
What a blessing that you got to share that moment with your son before he leaves. I hope you have a picture from that day that you can look at often to remind you of that great time with your son.

Best of luck to you and your son.

O
Oregon Coast
My heart strings are playing like harp! That's a memory both of you will NEVER forget, your a great man! Best wishes to you and your son! Thanks for sharing! Now, who else is smiling and crying?

V
vanbrunt
:D:D I'm wishing you and your son the best man. Thank you for sharing.

I
igquick
your not human if this story didn't move you

T
TOJIACK FLOATMAN
Dad gum it ! You went and made my cryballs start leakin an I aint even fishin !!! They grow so fast and go there own ways. Memories are all we have left sometimes and good ones like that can last a lifetime. Way to go pop !