"The Ditch" 5/3/08

B
Basslips
Ole Wayno and I fished "The Ditch" (Fern ridge) on Saturday from 7am to 1pm and had a fairly good day. The water temp was 55 early and rose to 57 by noon. We fished spinnerbaits and plastic worms on grasslines in about 3 feet of water with deeper water nearby. We managed to put 8 fish in the boat with the best 5 going about 12 lbs., topped off with a 4 lbs. 2 oz. fish. I wish I could have stayed longer as the warmer water had the fish moving up and becoming more active. The fish were scattered in the usual places and with a few warm days the bite should be wide open. In the next few weeks I'll be going a lot after work and welcome someone to join in on the fun.

4 lbs. 2 oz.

Last edited by a moderator:
B
Basslips
2 lbs. 10 oz.

2 lbs. 10 oz.

nice fish but i need to fire the photographer. LOL

B
Basslips
2 lbs. 8 oz.

2 lbs. 8 oz.

th fish were hitting the bait so hard that they would throw slack in the line coming right at you. you had to set hard and reel fast and set again to assure a good set.

B
Basslips
Blade fish

Blade fish

looks like this one narrowly escaped an Osprey. a few fish had claw marks on them.

B
Basslips
Dead tree cove

Dead tree cove

lots of wood to pitch jigs here. the tules are still dead but the grass is coming up.

D
DDR
Nice fish. Now I just gotta figure out where that is so I can chase them little fishies too.

C
cavdad45
I'm pumped!! How's Saturday after next sound?

B
bassaddict
wow, Fern ridge? near eugene?

I didn't know it held bass. I've fished there many times (from the shore) and have no luck every time. All we got were small catfish and blue gills.

B
Basslips
Bass in the ditch?

Bass in the ditch?

bassaddict said:
wow, Fern ridge? near eugene?

I didn't know it held bass. I've fished there many times (from the shore) and have no luck every time. All we got were small catfish and blue gills.

there's a good chance a state record is swimming in the ditch. i have personally lost a teener there. ya ya, the one that got away story? LOL

there used to be a great crappie population there too but the last few years they haven't shown themselves well. maybe this year......

H
Hawk
Basslips said:
nice fish but i need to fire the photographer. LOL

I've heard folks say on other websites that photos can be lightened.............on Photo Shop site...........................

them thar are mighty beautiful Bass .....Bro.........................:lol::lol::lol:

T
trollin4trout
I'm not an expert Photoshopper by any means, but I did get them a little brighter for you.

fr-5-3-2lbs10oz-1.jpg

fr-5-3-2lbs10oz-2.jpg

fr-5-3-2lbs10oz-3.jpg

B
BassLover.Z.
Thats a pretty fat fish! nice!:D

B
Basslips
photochopper

photochopper

thanks trollin4trout for the effort. i prolly could have done it but was too lazy. hahaha GAWD!!!! am i that ugly in person?

J
JTLunker
That photo shop sure is cool. Nice work T4T. And nice Bass Lips!

F
fishing man
nice fish

J
jayfatal
If you ever have an open seat, I would love to join you. I'm about 10 minutes from the ditch. Anytime, let me know. Great looking fish.

jay