Strike indicators

P
playhooky
Looking for strike indicator patterns (mostly for lake trout for the time being). I'm new at tying and tried a couple off YouTube but I like options. Open for suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

O
OnTheFly
Try Humpys. They're a real bushy fly that floats well enough to hold nymphs such as hairs's ears or pheasant tails and they attract fish too.:)

P
playhooky
Thanks....I'll check em'out. Just got off the tying vise. Tried my hand at a Streaking Caddis. Looks like it'll also float a nymph to me. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420504674.895020.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420504713.544872.jpg

P
playhooky
I should have sent bigger images......sorry. I'm new at this site.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420504934.873586.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420504961.992545.jpg

O
OnTheFly
Nice! Both flies look killer especially parachute dun.

hobster
hobster
Nice flies, They look great!

S
Stonefish
Try a foam back beetle or foam ant.
Nice flies as well!

T
troutmasta
Cheynobal ant..

I'm a rookie though.

P
playhooky
Hey all.....thanks for your good support, suggested patterns, etc. Looks like I'm on the right track with my flies and I'm wanting to try and tie some of yours. I guess when I see some of these bugs I've tied in the lip of a fish I will have satisfied my curiosities. Until then I'm gonna keep making those regular visits to my tying station and......you guessed it....."tie one on". I also need to let you all know I like the forum. I'll be around.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420523316.118300.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420523364.802760.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420523389.422366.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420523427.739759.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420523488.995408.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420523517.080325.jpg

Reactions: ChezJfrey
C
ChezJfrey
playhooky said:
I guess when I see some of these bugs I've tied in the lip of a fish I will have satisfied my curiosities.

Judging from the tying work you've presented here, I don't think it will be a problem finding fish takers. Well done.

P
playhooky
Thanks Chez....I'm a newbie at fly fishing so kinda lost for the time being but I've invested heavily enough that I feel obligated to get it all figured out....if ya know what I mean. You don't purchase custom graphite or boron fly rods at Bi-Mart. And I not only hunt trout but like you, I also chase hardheads, chinook, lings, tuna......if it has fins and swims and I have time it's game- on. Fly fishing is just something I always wanted to do but never took the plunge.....until now. Aside from that, I'm head'n for Bonneville pool in a couple of days to winch a sturgeon to the rail. Btw.....nice chromer you were snuggled up with on the bank the other day! Congrats!!