Still water cutties

T
Throbbit _Shane
Just got home from camping at a near by reservoir on lake creek. Fishing for cutthroat trout was pretty hot like the weather has been, although the majority of the fish were small. They still hit the spoon hard and thrashed violently at the boat usually shaking the hook. Thursday I think I went 7 for 16, a few were lost due to me getting use to my new rod holder/pontoon boat. The next day I lost track of how many fish I caught, it was one of those days where if I didn't get a strike for 5-10 minutes I knew I had some weeds on the hook. I did fish for bass but with out any luck so I would go back to the trout quickly seeing all the action going on. There was a hatch or two and i'm sure a fly fisherman could of done well. All in all it was a fun trip.

Tight Lines!

• 100_1237.jpg
  • 100_1232.jpg
  • 100_1244.jpg
  • 100_1248.jpg
  • 100_1252.jpg
  • 100_1255.jpg
H
handmethewrench
looks like a great day!!

R
RoryONeal
I know that spot. I take my drifter there.

H
Hawk
Loooks like a Beautiful Day... ..:D

troutdude
troutdude
Nice report.

Hope you safely released that native water dog! :shock: :lol:

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Gotta love them cutties. Caught a few yesterday here in Siletz on a bobber/wooly bugger combo. Oh and nice nice new toon Shane

T
troutmasta
Looks great! Very similar to the lake I was at this weekend. Trees and Newts.

R
rippin fish lips
YEAHH Buddy!

bass
bass
Nice report Shane. It is always fun to catch a lot of fish, especially at a pretty little spot like in your pics.

Too bad a witch turned that one trophy cutthroat into a newt, I hope it got better :)

T
Throbbit _Shane
RoryONeal said:
I know that spot. I take my drifter there.
That spot is quite nice during the week. But the nice weather and weekend sure brings out a bunch of noisy people.
SiletzTroutKiller said:
Gotta love them cutties. Caught a few yesterday here in Siletz on a bobber/wooly bugger combo. Oh and nice nice new toon Shane
Thanks man. It's really a nice upgrade from my last toon.
troutmasta said:
Looks great! Very similar to the lake I was at this weekend. Trees and Newts.
Trees... Yup! :D
bass said:
Nice report Shane. It is always fun to catch a lot of fish, especially at a pretty little spot like in your pics.

Too bad a witch turned that one trophy cutthroat into a newt, I hope it got better :)

Thanks bass! Too bad the fish dont eat those damn newts.