Steelhead statisticians

C
ChezJfrey
Reviewing my steelhead statistics, in 2012, my hook/land ratio was 62%. In 2013, my hook/land ratio was 61%. This year, I was feeling all smug with my ratio sitting at 83%. Just went out for a couple hours this morning and hooked into a beauty of a hot fish...after a handful of acrobats, that fish spit the hook. That was the same story 2 days ago.

I get the sense that these steelhead have also reviewed my numbers and will not relent until things equalize around that 60% number. Since when did steelhead get privy to normal distributions?

E
eugene1
Haha!

Maybe you just had a low sample size, and more numbers are needed.

hobster
hobster
60% sounds pretty good to me, I had a rough year and lost quite a few. Seems like I hardly ever loose them on jigs, I like the way the hook is tilted more upward, seems to hook them better. Finishing the year above 80% would be unreal, I'd feel pretty good if I was you.

Reactions: eugene1
M
mikeee2362
80% :yikes::worthy: Quit now for the year and brag for the rest of your life...gonna go look at my stats. I'm certain I'm in the 60%- bracket.

B
bigboy70
ha I'm at 33% pretty easy to do the math when I've hooked 3 landed 1. Now where the hell did I leave my Blowdart gun time to deflate some egos

F
FishFinger
One important stat to acknowledge, you 100% DON'T have the have the cursed "skunk" on your back for 2014.

Get er done... And do it early!