Steelhead fishing the lower Deschutes.

hobster
hobster
ChezJfrey said:
Now, if you'll note our last couple months of weather/river conditions, you can probably figure out why I appear to have dropped OFF the map here :)

You aren't the only one ;) Water temp thread Snopro?

S
Snopro
Nope, not me. I don't think anything positive could come from it without the willingness to discuss choices we make.

Steering this back to the Deschutes, I read they lifted the afternoon restrictions. I hope it starts running under 66°.

T
Troutslayerjenn
Stumpy thanks for apologizing to the group. It's just too bad the the person who started the name calling couldn't do the same, oh well. And thanks to everyone else, I learned a lot about water temp and will take it into consideration the next time I go out fishing. Maybe I will try carp or bass next since the water is so warm [emoji3]

H
halibuthitman
If a person wishes to fish summer steelhead right now they should consider fishing the cowlitz, a non resident license for a year (april-april) is around $90. This will also allow you to fish the Klickitat next month when it will probably go to a 5 salmon limit again. The cowlitz offers a great deal of bank fishing locations and is a piece of came to row. Blue creek offers tons of fly water for swinging and two handers do auite well. In the last mon-friday of last week my boat had 77 hook-ups from Blue creeks to Masseys Bar... Fish are chrome and many are in the low teens in weight. Cowlitz steelhead also response insanely well to hardware. The cow is a tailwater fishery and the water is very cold.. I wet waded it and regreted it. The first hour of light has been the magic hour-

H
halibuthitman
Piece of "cake".... Not came.. Effing iphones

H
Harry
Some interesting information regarding the Cowlitz. I am new to this part of the world and steelhead fishing. Could you please provide more information on where to fish from the bank. Thank you

A
amnis
Wow! All in all sounded like a great day fishing. I also am itching to get out. A friend of mine is slaying all day on bobber and jigs... Drifting spinners (Blue Fox's) are killer especially blue, deep holes and slightly oxygenated water has always been a producer! Good luck next time you get out..