Southern Oregon Fish OFF

K
kfallscody
Yeah they are some drag peelers for sure... once you get hooked up. It can make for a LONG day on the lake if they aren't biting though. I know once I get my new boat over here I'll be fishing Klamath Lake a lot so I will know more then. :)

C
Combat Chuck
colbypearson said:
haha too bad were are like the only southern oregonians it seems lol :lol:

I came from s.Oregon so its good to see you guys around. I hope that part of the state picks up on these forums. I grew up fishing Howard Prairie and the upper Rogue. If I happened to be down visiting family I'd sure stop by for a few casts.

T
Throbbit _Shane
I got skunked at Casey on the rogue today. Seen 1 guy get a small trout on a spoon.

The fly fishermen weren't getting the trout either and they were quite active. The trout that is.

Got my License checked after my second cast, good thing i bought my steelhead tags today.

Probably should of went to grants pass or some where in that area. Seen a beautiful trout on the hatchery camera.

Ill post some pictures later...

K
kfallscody
thanks for the report, guess the metal heads havn't made their way up that far just yet. :( As far as the license being checked, I have yet in all 31 years I have been alive, been asked to show my fishing license. It almost makes me upset to never have been checked, I mean after I pay for the darn thing and all :)

T
Throbbit _Shane
Iv had my stringer checked a couple a times before.

Just got off the phone with a buddy, were gonna try fishing Tou Velle for a couple hours tomorrow evening hopefully i have better luck :D

T
Throbbit _Shane
Sooo... is anyone still interested? I thinking maybe March 20th a saturday or sunday would be fine too. At either Emigrant or Willow. Ill be fishing from shore, unless i bring a raft or i get a loan LOL

Any thoughts on this would be great :)

Edit forgot about Selmac :)

Last edited:
S
smokin'salmon
yep still interested and I also will fish from shore so dont think your the only one, either lake is good have you thought maybe Applegate since you have had luck out there. We went about a week ago had 7 count em 7 poles in the water from copper to the dam and nothing, although I did leave a 3.6" U/L on the ground there, went back after noticing it missing and the water had come up about 2 ft, pole still there a little wet but it still had the worm on the hool:mad:, but anyway enuf with the book, let us know times and place I have a bunch that want to come

T
Throbbit _Shane
Right on Smokin salmon glad your aboard :)

Im trying not to go to applegate lake until it fills up. Iv been fishing there way too many times. Last weekend i heard 2 groups of people being skunked out there i dont know what the deal is... I fished Selmac today i had plenty of bites but only caught 1. Ill try to convince some of my fishing buddies to come along too.

Thats cool you found your rod after being there overnight. Iv lost some things there also found some stuff :) Today i found 2 rooster tails and a panther martin :D

Im thinking either march 20th or 21st maybe both days if i camp :) BTW if you go back to applegate lake id try either on the dam or by the french gulch boat ramp

M
Mike12
My bro and I will go as long as nothing gets in the way so keep me informed i will be checking back here.

L
lilsalmon
I am in Albany but also like to travel. I have never been to any of the places you have mentioned........I also make a mean tater salad to add to the potluck... and I of course will be bank fishing....

T
Throbbit _Shane
I say we all goto Selmac on the 20th :)

Let me know if anyone wants to carpool from medford. Also keep in mind there is only one free parking area, every where else is 2 bucks.

I think ill be fishing near the boat ramp. Make sure you bring worms and powerbait and bass lures.

S
smokin'salmon
Sounds good to me, everyone I fish with is in the GP area and we gave up on paying the $2 so we got season passes. Are you thinking of over by the playground and gazebo as a gathering place and then scatter around to see where the bites are, also is it going to be a BBQ or just what ever eneryone brings??

T
Throbbit _Shane
I think it'll be easier if everyone brings theyre own food. Ill try to bring some extra food and drinks just in case. Maybe if we have another one of these in the future we can have a bbq and what not :)

Meeting there sounds good, its that just down the road from the resort and mini golf course? Iv only been there twice :D

I dont mind paying the 2 bucks if i go all day, tomorrow i might go with my bass fishing buddy ill let yall know how we do :)

Last edited:
S
smokin'salmon
bring any bass gear you might have also, they have been hitting at the dam/spillway, and the spot I was thinking of is a lil further past the mini golf, turn right on the street just past the store and go into the camping area to the bottom, there is a nice grass area and playground for any lil kiddies that get crabbie while fihing
See ya there, Oh yea, what time do you want to meet up

T
Throbbit _Shane
We can either meet up in the morning or noon while everyone is eating. Im gonna smoke some trout today so ill have some food to share :) With all this sun we've had recently and this week, bass fishing might be good up there :) I know the trout fishing should be reall hott, the 2nd stocking of this year is gonna happen some time this week.

I talked to Colby and it looks like he wont be able to make it, he has a bass tournament the same weekend. Good luck Colby.

C
colbypearson
thanks guys, maybe throw senko's or jigs in deep er water enar the dam to pick up a bass or two good luck with them

M
Mike12
My bro and i Caught five pan sized trout yesterday at Lost creek.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Good to hear you finally caught some at lost creek :)

Hope to see you at selmac saturday.

M
Mike12
What time are you going?

T
Throbbit _Shane
Some time in the morning :) I plan to fish all day. Hopefully catch some bass and catch n release lots of trout :D