Southern Oregon bass clubs....

M
Melly Bait
BOATERS NEEDED!

Are there any Southern Oregon Bass Fishermen and/or Fisherwomen that are interested in joining a "local lakes" bass club this year?

Pro's: Fish Local, travel less.. Southern Oregon offers some pretty good fishing holes.. and none of them are hell and gone out there...
Oregon license only.. No Cali fees..
Higher Payouts at 100%

Con's: We Need Club Members! With no new members we have NO CLUB!
Boaters and Partners Only.. (unless we get more Single boaters with open set policy)

Darthbeans and myself have been given an opportunity to take over a local bass fishing club.. and we would really like to recruit some new members.. (Young or Old.. Skilled or Newbies)
Having this club from the ground up also gives us the possibility to transform it into something even better.. something new.. Something that we all could have an influence in..

If you had your own Club.. What would you do to make it the stand out from the rest? What local lakes would you want to fish that aren't already in the plans?
(Howard, Lost Creek, Willow, Galesville, Applegate, Emigrant)
One day Tournaments or Two?

I need some feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:
B
Bassdad54
Hello Melly
I am club Pres with Mid Valley Bass Club out of Albany,Ore. Welcome to the club world.Getting and keeping members will come and go with time.Our members come and go each year but have a few of the faithful members.One of our problem is once you get board members most of the members want to be just that a member and not board members.We used to change board members every year and after going through members that didn't want to be on the board members just a few faithful still remain.I have been the club Pres and secretary for a long time since I keep getting re-elected.Dont know what would happen for sure if I dont do it anymore.Have to keep interest in the club going and our size hasn't been like it used to be.We are about 17-20 member average the last few years.I think big reason is economy for one thing.Last year we tried a combine tourney with another club with an option pot which was fun and this year we ae combining with 2 clubs for combined tourney.We have 2 sched with Central Valley Bass club and Emerald Bass club.This has sparked some interest with some clubs because of tournament turn out.Once you get sched let us know and maybe we can combine a tourney with your club

M
Melly Bait
Nice to be associated Mid-Valley Bass Club! I'd love to take the offer of a combined tournament.. Maybe Dorena? One of our biggest benefits is "staying local" But I would bet I could field a worthy turnout.. I'll address the club with this idea, and you and I can work the details.

I am very optimistic about this club. I believe that my passion for bass fishing, my partners knowledge, and our combined skills, we can really make something wonderful happen in Southern Oregon. I have a mission, a goal.. and I am hopeful for it's growth.

If I come across any "flubs or hiccups" may I contact you for advice? Any club resources are good.. and I am starting with close to an empty bucket.. :)

Thanks again!

Melody Kiger
Medford Bass Club

B
Bassdad54
Hello Melly

We have a proposed May 18th date for Dorena would that work for your club?Let me know because we are going to either try Dorena or Green peter that day and I think we would do Dorena if you guys can make same date.

M
Melly Bait
I will find out.. I'm setting with our TD tomorrow.. and I'll see if that can be added..

Thanks

B
Bassdad54
Hello Melly
Ok that sound good our TD want to finalize our schedule by this weekend so we can annouce our sched at our club meeting on Tues

M
Melly Bait
I wont get a chance to finalize our schedule until the start of next week.. Best answer I can give you is "Thank you but No thank you" I'd really hope that our club would muster up enough folks to make a road trip.. but none of them tonight wanted to do it.. Thank you though.. and Best of luck! Maybe somewhere down the line we can get together.

B
Bassdad54
Melly
no problem once your club set your sched be sure to let me know what it is.I know we can set a sched and then something comes up to make changes to the sched.It seems like we end up making changes once the season gets going and we may be still able to combine one sooner or later.