South Umpqua help plz

T
Tacomasteelheader
Ive posted about the south umpqua on here twice to no avail. Now this is the third post and i hope someone can help me out a little. Ive fished there a couple times and know the seven feathers area. I know theres fish in there right now. But every where i read says fish are caught from water levels at 7-9 feet. Now that probably isn't going to happen this year. So can anyone advise me on where to go with lower water levels like right now 5-6.5 feet.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Somebody want to hook this guy up? :)

L
LilCorky
Here is what I know. 7 to 9 foot seems high to what I was told. That stretch is best to us the Tiller gage as Your reference. So I was told 900 to 1500 cfs and right now it's near 900 so it is likely getting a little low. I personally like to talk feet.

P
plumb2fish
If you drive along the river you can find holding water at most of the places with access, the umpqua system in general is one you are going to have to learn for yourself as those in the know are usually not very forthcoming from my experience.

T
Tacomasteelheader
Well yeah i know that plumb2fish i was just asking about areas to fish when the water is considered low. Like for example is seven feathers good when its low or is looking down river a better preference.....im pretty decent on overall steelhead fishing just trying to narrow my search area down a bit

P
plumb2fish
I hear ya, unfortunately I don't know the south other than Kruse to the forks....and like I said, it is tough to get people to open up about that system. I can't even get my fishing buddies that live down there to give me info on the South. The north on the other hand, I would say go up to Glide highschool and there is a path down to the river....good water. Also below the deadline at the "burrito hole" or of the rocks in the back eddy at the mouth of rock creek with bobber and jig.....hawg quest has filmed a couple shows from there.