Something different...

C
cpeaslee
I live in the Beaverton area, tend to fish HaggLake and the Willamette most of the time. Would like to try somewhere different this Saturday.

Fishing from a boat, would prefer lake fishing for trout and/or bass.

Was thinking of:
Green Peter
Detroit Lake
Devils lake
Simtustus Lake
Cullaby Lake
Silver Lake (WA)

Something 2 hours or less from Portland. Any other suggestions?

C
Combat Chuck
I'm sure there are trout and kokanee active at Green Peter. The bass may be a bit tough but the weather is warming so who knows.

C
chrisohm
I second that on Green Peter! Nice fat trout can be found in many coves, they also like bass lures and the Kokanee are fun to chase.

C
cpeaslee
I've never fished GP or fished for kokanee. Suggestions?

C
Combat Chuck
cpeaslee said:
I've never fished GP or fished for kokanee. Suggestions?

This time of year your basic trout trolling gear will catch em. 15-20' down with a flasher/dodger and wedding ring. I prefer a sling blade and hoochie but always troll a shallow rod with wedding ring this time of the year. Tip with corn soaked in tuna oil or pautzkes fire corn. Troll as slow as you can. For GP kokanee just follow other boats and you will find fish (there are a ton of them). For trout it can help to get away from the main lake (there are a ton of arms!)

troutdude
troutdude
^^^What they said. There are also large Chinokanee too...just ask Throbbit Shane. He pulled a 10 or 12 pounder, into TTFishon's boat at this time last year!

Also...don't rule out Lake Harriet, up the Clack basin.