Some homemade spinners.

R
Rock10
I bought a inline spinner kit of Cabelas and made up the lures. I wanted to paint them so i got some oil based sharpies from a hobby shop and started painting them. The blades are colorado style. I put some soft tubes on the treble hooks to add some effect. Tell me what you think, also any suggestion on vinyl paint to use?

• Photo on 2013-01-20 at 21.25.jpg
  • Photo on 2013-01-20 at 21.26.jpg
S
Scott M
They look real purdy, but do they catch fish? :D

J
JeannaJigs
waiiiiiiit whhhhhhhat, oil based sharpies?!!? I must find. I like those blades, they run deep and have a good thump to 'em

R
Rock10
I got them at JoAnnes(Spelling?) It was the only nonacrylic paint they had, they also had some crazy colored powder paint, i didn't know if it'd work for fishing lures, so i let it be.

J
JeannaJigs
Hmmm I am in there all the time for other stuff ill have to check it out. I have about 20 pounds of powder paint now that I use for jigs so I'm good there lol the thing with powder paint is, well, it's awesome and insanely durable but you have to heat the surface. If you were painting an entire blade or body it would be easy but detail stuff gets trickier. There's a small learning curve, but once you use it regularly its pretty easy peasy.

Troutski
Troutski
Rock10 said:
I bought a inline spinner kit of Cabelas and made up the lures. I wanted to paint them so i got some oil based sharpies from a hobby shop and started painting them. The blades are colorado style. I put some soft tubes on the treble hooks to add some effect. Tell me what you think, also any suggestion on vinyl paint to use?

Did you twist the wire with a machine or with pliers? Fine looking lures, have you tested them yet... that is the best; catching fish on your own designs....

Chuck

R
Rock10
Round nose pliers, it takes me about 10 seconds. unless i make pike and musky ones, i don't think i'll waste money on a machine. I straighten out the eye later with pliers. Gives me something to do while i paint.

R
rippin fish lips
Rock10 said:
Round nose pliers, it takes me about 10 seconds. unless i make pike and musky ones, i don't think i'll waste money on a machine. I straighten out the eye later with pliers. Gives me something to do while i paint.

Those will catch fish for sure. no doubt about that. Trout will love em. Especially the top right one in the left photo.

R
Rock10
With that pink and red? I've been mixing the colors a lot!

R
rippin fish lips
Rock10 said:
With that pink and red? I've been mixing the colors a lot!

A creative mind will catch fish! You got to be creative when it comes to spinner making now a days. You gotta come up with something the fish have never seen. Yes they may have seen spinners, they may have seen those colors, But Those colors together will go great!! RED and PINK Stand out in the darkest of conditions. That lure would doo good on a dark day., and even a bright day with that black body! Bet it would be killer on an overcast day (sun and clouds).

Try a RED blade with BLACK body. Or, if u can get a brass/copper blade, Do one with a Brass blade, and the darkest red you can find.

You can never go wrong with throwing some red with blue in there too. or RED and PURPLE together. Never tried the red and purp together... but purp and red are killer on darker days. You could probably do a red blade purple body type thing and find some success.

Last edited:
R
Rock10
100_0884_zpsa5a772a1.jpg
100_0883_zps0bf56c06.jpg
100_0882_zpsc4b75dd1.jpg
100_0881_zpse4863370.jpg
100_0880_zpsbf922889.jpg
100_0879_zps102cba51.jpg
100_0878_zps423cff9a.jpg
Painted some more. Need to order more parts now.