Slacking

W
whammond
I have been slacking the last few weekends on fishing with a lot of other things going on. And then today, I meant to get up early to go fish for some summer steel but of course I overslept! So now what should I do? I need to get some casts in. Where should I go? Island Park? D Street? Delta? Or head up to the Mac? What would the OFFers do?

D
Damquick
just stay home

B
bran_man
Ha ha yeah Im with damquick on this one! There are no fish out there so don't bother! ha ha but yeah all of those spots sounds good to me! I would personally go to my fav river the MAC but that's just me. Probably be pretty busy out there about now... I know they are doing good on the town run too though! So island park and d street and all that stuff would be good too I'm sure. You got a pretty important decision to make! Ha ha

W
whammond
Yeah I think I made a poor decision! I went out by Delta and got a small trout and a couple of those Squawfish things. One of those Squawfish hammered my pink worm and I was excited for a second, fish made a half ass run and I started bringing it to the bank, got it in and expected it to run again and didn't. Figured it a was a second caught fish, until I saw what it was! Haha Son of a *****. Saw a few guys pullin in their sled and had a couple nice summers. I got bored and left! I should have went to the MAC! I don't really know where to fish around the town run so I just look around until I find something that looks fishy and try to learn that hole. I have mainly spent most of my time fishing with my buddy out of the Drift Boat on the Mac. But I want to learn the town run more, considering I live about two minutes from Delta, and then I work across the street from D Street and down the road from Island Park haha. So if theres anyone that wants to teach me about some bank spots on the town run one of these days, I can supply the beer! Haha.

W
whammond
another guy I saw down there told me that he helped a guy net a 30# nook right under the Beltline bridge yesterday. Said he got it on a little cleo.

J
joem
shoulda went to the mckenzie. thats all im gonna say.

F
fishyden
One of these squawfish things they hit like a nook pull a little line then are like a wet sock to the bank went 0/1 on a steelhead with a pink #4bluefox and caught a sucker with Corky and eggs....

E
engineerfisherman
Looks like one of those whitefish I keep pulling in on the MAC. Feels like your snagged and then reeling in with a log on the end of your line.

W
whammond
Yeah those are the dumb things I was talking about, this was the hog of the wet sock I landed, actually managed to fin-hook this one haha. The other one actually peeled a little line. Went back out tonight and got a couple trout with a Corky and Worm.

F
fishyden
To bad no bounty on the Willamette.